We're building the Engineering team for one of the coolest Eastside software companies that you’ve probably never heard of. They’ve been granted more than 25+ US Patents, is wholly owned with no stock dilution from outside VC firms, profitable and completely self-sufficient.
From an Engineering org perspective, they’re incredibly iterative and fast, leveraging a hyper-agile dev approach, scaled execution, and were one of the first companies in Seattle to leverage Big Data and NoSQL, building the 1st Hadoop/SQL-bridge hybrid big data system.
Their product is hands-down the most advanced Contextual Relevance Engines available today, crunching situational data such as location, inventory, sales patterns, weather, marketing priorities, price and hundreds of other variables in order to engage, activate and convert consumers in near real-time for some of the largest customers in the world valued at over $280 billion in market capitalization.
** 1st Microsoft Gold Certified Partner in SaaS.
** 1st personalized load-to-card digital coupon integration.
** 1st Hadoop/SQL-bridge hybrid big data system.
** 1st brick-and-mortar dynamic contextual segmentation & targeting system.
In a hyper-agile dev environment, scaled execution, and approach to hybrid data integration (small & big, structured & unstructured) continually pushing software innovation.
As Sr Software Design Engineer you will be responsible for designing and maintaining all sub systems related to the build, configuration, packaging, deployment and delivery of code across multiple environments. This newly created role will provide critical insight and experience to lead the charge to automate processes and practices in a predictable, reliable and repeatable manner. Heavy emphasis will be placed on externalizing process that are hidden from engineers and providing transparent insight into the delivery release cycle.
• Design, architect and build large scale data processing applications that serve our contextual marketing platform.
• Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of backend applications.
• Design, enhance and build out new features and services.
• Work with engineering team to create new design/architectures geared towards scale and performance.
• Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
• Write server side code for low latency, high throughput SaaS applications.
• Strong coding skills in at least one high level programming language (C#, Java); both will be a strong plus.
• Experience in distributed systems design and architecture.
• Experience with the full programming life cycle and some key technologies of our stack will be a strong plus (.NET, Sql Server. Hadoop Framework, HBase, Couchbase, Redis, Kafka, Storm, Spark)
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures.
• Strong understanding of system design elements that contribute to high performance and ability to scale.
• Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of system internals and networking will be a plus.
** B.S. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.