Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
You’re reading this job description because you’re likely tired of pouring your heart and soul into software that intrusively targets people with unwanted online advertisements, or perhaps you’re tired of optimizing the shopping-cart and check-out experience within Ecommerce sites such as Walmart and Amazon?
If you’re interested in pouring your heart and soul into technology that’s used to save lives of friends, family and perhaps someday even your OWN, then we might be a terrific fit for you.
Come transform Healthcare through Data!!
We’ve assembled a world-class team of geniuses coming from Healthcare, Data Science and Software Engineering domains. This team is responsible for building a patented platform that ingests significant quantities of clinical data (from a half a billion or more patients) in order to provide preventative healthcare treatment plans before diseases can occur.
• Located: San Mateo
• Size: 50 +/- Employees
• Stage: Pre-IPO, well funded, and just closed Series D.
• Technology: You’ll work with technologies that pertain to Microservices, Data Mining, Pattern Recognition and Natural Language Processing across AWS, Spark/Kafka and Elastic Search. In Q1 FY17 we’ll be moving toward a fully containerized architecture.
• Executive Management: Several past successful exits that have included: Clever Sense (Google), Nextbio (Illumina), TomFoolery (Yahoo), InsightsOne (Apigee), Card Spring (Twitter), Socrative (MasteryConnect), MetaCloud (Cisco), Bina Technologies (Roche), Sequenta (Adaptive Biotechnologies).
• Investors: Several past successes such as Docusign, LinkedIn, SendGrid, Taleo and Kiva Systems to name but a few.
We are transforming healthcare with data, science and technology. We are leading the industry applying Big Data technology to extract and analyze unstructured and coded clinical data to derive outcome- and cost-related insights. Based in San Mateo, we offer solutions that enable health plans and large provider groups to more accurately and efficiently determine member risk scores for appropriate value-based reimbursement.
• Fast growing and fast moving startup culture.
• Values great teamwork.
• Values and takes pride in great work.
• Values fun always.
• Values learning and sharing of experiences.
• Standard stuff: snacks, catered lunches, weekly wine-down/beer-bash, company outings.
As a Senior Research Engineer you will collaborate with other members on Data Science team to design features, solutions to understand true state of the patient.
You should enjoy collaborating with others on solutions to hard but really interesting problems and having a large impact on Healthcare Industry. Daily responsibilities include Design, Architecture, Development, Code Review, and Testing of key system areas including:
• Perform large-scale data analysis.
• Algorithm and experiment design.
• Build and deploy scalable systems that employ machine learning algorithms.
Nice to Haves:
• Have developed Data Science solutions in Ad Tech or Web Search.
• Prior experience building Recommendation Systems and/or Natural Language Processing solutions.
• Healthcare Domain expertise.
• Experience presenting research in conferences or technical forums.
• Experience working on technical side projects or open-source contributions.
• At least 6 years experience in Data Science and Machine Learning with a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or empirical science.
• At least 2 years experience building scalable software solutions that employ machine learning algorithms.
• Software engineering skills with coding experience using Java/Scala and Python. In addition to machine learning and data mining libraries.
• Strong data analysis and manipulation skills.
• Experience working with high-performance computing in distributed and parallel systems.
• Strong mathematical and statistical background, with a thorough understanding of probability.
• Great communication skills, innovative and self-starter.
• Comfortable juggling multiple projects demonstrated strong work ethic.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or EE.