We are working with a global client who has established a R&D team in Seattle. This is an opportunity to work on new product initiatives with small teams. Our client is changing the world by changing the way knowledge can be shared. Our software and hardware solutions empower everyone — from primary school students to innovators in Fortune 500 companies — to come together to explore and expand on ideas, bringing them to life without geographical or technological limitations.
In this role you will work as part of a group of bright and highly motivated professionals who value teamwork, creative thinking, and a healthy work-life balance. We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our team in Seattle as we continue to change the way the world works and learns. We deliver industry leading technology that takes interaction to new levels. Our application is used in millions of classrooms around the world.
• Designing and building next generation Android mobile applications for use in and out of classrooms around the world.
• Working closely with the User Experience team to design the User Interface.
• Working with other developers to architect and design the technical structure of our products.
• Evaluating and choosing new technologies and libraries to incorporate into our products.
• Working with customers and product management to understand how educators use technology in the classroom.
• Writing and maintaining solid code and unit tests to ensure our products meet our quality standards.
• Working closely with our test team to ensure automated testing has appropriate coverage.
• Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns using Java.
• Building interactive Android user interfaces using Andoid Studio and frameworks.
• Experience with developing software using Agile software development.
• Understanding test-driven development practices including writing and maintaining unit tests.
• Experience releasing software using a continuous integration pipeline.
• 5+ years experience with Java and Android development
• Experience with web services and JSON
• Experience with iOS