• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
• Incredibly stable and profitable with a global presence with more than 40 offices throughout the globe.
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments, owning a service from front to back, and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to define monitoring/logging standard patterns that are easily consumable and enable internal service teams to move fast. Along with a systemic discipline, we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
• You are center to help design and operate highly available systems and software in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments.
• Key focus on defining and implementing a monitoring strategy (metric collection, persistence, and use – building patterns for alerting and dashboarding) for Teradata Managed Cloud. This includes a definition of tagging standards, technology selection, integration, documentation, and automation.
• Key focus on defining and implementing a logging strategy.
• Metric driven and focused on continual improvement.
• Comfortable working with distributed teams.
• Strong expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies.
• Automation is in your DNA.
• System and IT Operations.
• Continuous deployments.
• 5+ years of relevant job experience.
• Experience with integrating metric collection technologies such as Collectd and Telegraf.
• Experience with integrating metric persistence technologies such as Influxdb, Wavefront.
• Experience with creating purpose-driven dashboards correlating metrics via tags.
• Experience with integrating event correlation and alerting tools such as PagerDuty, VictorOps, Argos, Moogsoft.
• Experience with APM/RUM/Synth monitoring solutions such as DataDog, AppDynamics, NewRelic, ThousandEyes.
• Experience with Logging technologies such as ELK Stack, Splunk.