PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SAN DIEGO. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED, H1B PREMIUM PROCESSING AVAILABLE, GREEN CARD PETITION WITHIN 30 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT.
• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
• Incredibly stable and profitable with a global presence with more than 40 offices throughout the globe.
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
• Roughly 50% hands-on coding and 50% Operations as a part of 24*7 on-call team.
• Applies technical expertise to design and develop innovative solutions in the cloud.
• Utilizes understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
• Works in a cross-functional style to achieve results.
• 5 years of total experience with 2+ years of experience with AWS. Understanding of AWS capabilities and architecture is required.
• Experience hosting cloud services and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the cloud.
• Bring an Automation First attitude.
• Significant experience and skill programming in a modern scripting language (Python and/or Ruby preferred).
• Experience with configuration management frameworks such as Ansible.
• Solid understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating systems.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills that span code, system, and network in a Cloud environment (like AWS).