My path to being a Technical Recruiter started when I was a Sales Rep selling Telecom services back in 1996. One of my calls was to a small recruiting firm in Foster City, which ended up recruiting me and my life has been recruiting focused since.
While the mechanics of a job search are very basic, its the intricate details that can muddle things up. That's where my experience comes in. One thing I will never do is to send your resume to a client without finding out if you are interested in the opportunity.
I am also a firm believer that if I treat my candidates and clients with respect and professionalism, they will be relationships for life. This is important, as the key to being a successful recruiter is the ability to have candidates feel comfortable about giving their friends as referrals.
• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
• Incredibly stable and profitable with a global presence with more than 40 offices throughout the globe.
• Our client is a publicly traded company with $2.18 billion in annual revenue, $250 million in profit and $1.08 billion cash in the bank. In fact, you can combine the revenue of Hortonworks ($217M), Cloudera ($309M) and Tableau ($869M) together and it still doesn't stack up to our client($2.18B).
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics excite you? Would you like to work with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions?
•Hire and develop a team of talented engineers.
•Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications to create positive customer impact.
•Provide guidance and mentorship to engineers and project leads to ensure a high level of work satisfaction, technical advancement, and progress towards individual career goals.
•Ensure that current team and company initiatives, mission, goals, and values are clear to each team member.
•Facilitate clear communication and provide excellent direction and motivation to the team
•Implement current best practices to manage and build a high-performance engineering team.
•Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
•Collaborate with Product Management and User Experience regarding product definition, schedule, scope, and project-related decisions.
•Develop solutions that are high quality, scaleable, reliable, and reusable.
•Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity.
•Investigate technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations.
•Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability.
•Collaborate with the Data Science team to create and deliver product features through engineering deliverables.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.