Our client is a nuclear energy technology company. They are working to raise living standards globally. The essential factor? Energy. They believed that business interests could develop a scalable, sustainable, low-carbon and cost competitive energy source that would allow all nations to quicken their pace of economic development and reduce poverty. Their goal is to provide the world with a more affordable, secure and environmentally friendly form of nuclear energy.
The company was established to bring together the strengths and experience of the world’s public and private nuclear energy sectors to develop a new generation of nuclear reactors that would responsibly meet growing energy needs around the globe. Its approach addresses the traditional shortcomings of nuclear power, in terms of safety, cost effectiveness, environmental soundness, and resistance to weapons proliferation.
The Project Controls – Senior Planner / Scheduler (Contract) is responsible for the development and maintenance of integrated R&D, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) activities in support of the integrated project schedule using earned value and critical path methodologies in P6 scheduling software.
Work with assigned scope owners (engineers, buyers, department managers, etc…) to execute the following:
* Establishment of new projects including development of an appropriate project hierarchy and work breakdown structure
* Development of project schedules for assigned work scope. This may include utilization of various planning techniques, including creation of standard schedule fragnets, rolling wave planning, etc…
* Application of resource management principles to the schedule development and maintenance process including: assigning, forecasting, and leveling resources; development of resources curves and histograms for management decision making purposes;
* Proactively engage technical staff and management in development of new schedules and maintenance of existing schedules.
* Apply project funding, staffing and other internal / external constraints to determine impact to project schedules.
* Develop and maintain periodic project status reports related to project progress including earned value metrics and schedule performance.
*Minimum of 8 years working in a R&D and/or Engineering project planning / scheduling or project controls organization.
* Subject matter expert in the use of project Oracle’s Primavera P6. Must be able to exploit all features of P6 in schedule development. Ability to train/teach advanced P6 to project controls personnel.
* Subject Matter Expert in planning and scheduling using the critical path method.
* Advanced Excel skills for manipulating data in excel to import into P6.
* Engineering project experience in the commercial nuclear power industry.
* Experience with engineering and construction of industrial process facilities.
* Experience in the application of Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies in schedule development, maintenance, and reporting.
* Experience performing Critical Path methodologies to identify schedule-related problems which arise during project execution and a demonstrated history of recommending and implementing corrective actions utilizing creative solutions to minimize impacts to project schedule.
* Experience with baseline change control and exposure to other project controls disciplines including cost engineering, risk management, and estimating are desired.
* Strong technical writing skills with good communication, computer, and presentation skills.
* Exceptional organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage complex projects with multiple work phases.
* The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
Undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management, Accounting, Business Administration, or other related disciplines. PMI SP® or PMP® certification preferred.