Our client develops a Cloud/SaaS platform that powers more than 600 global brands with the ability to predict and anticipate the behaviors of their customers across many device mediums.Our client develops a Cloud/SaaS platform that powers more than 600 global brands with the ability to predict and anticipate the behaviors of their customers across many device mediums.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer with experience building software deployment automation in cloud environments. You will be working collaboratively to design, code, integrate and deploy automated scripts for our products within our Cloud Services team. We provide hosting services for our customers via our Colocation facilities as well as AWS. 100% automation is the goal!
On our team we believe that automation work never ends, and that everyone is responsible for quality. You will be working directly with the engineering team to help create and work with the framework. We will firmly approach this process with Agile methodology.
• Build and develop 100% automation from installation package to running system
• Manage private cloud deployments (RightScale, VMWare, etc.) and AWS deployment as well
• Maintain Opscode Chef codebase
• Work closely with the Engineering team on architecture and technologies to accelerate delivery of our solutions
• Diagnose complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors.
• Work closely with developers to ensure that our products are developed with scalability and manageability in mind
• Familiarity with Devops concepts and techniques
• 4+ years of experience developing and maintaining automated deployment scripts in Windows and Unix
• 2+ years supporting public or private cloud technology particularly Amazon AWS technologies
• 2+ Years supporting a live 24x7 website
• 4+ years of experience in system and application administration in a SaaS environment
• 4+ years of experience with Apache/Nginx deployments
• Experience with SQL B’s and NoSQL DB’s a plus (e.g. Cassandra)
• Experience with shell scripting/programming languages
• Experience integrating with CI/Build system (Jenkins, etc) and incorporating test driven development principles into deployments
• Experience with monitoring technologies for example Nagios, Scout or New Relic
• Understanding of Web Application Deployment technologies IE: Capistrano
• Security experience and knowledge