Our client is an Open Location Platform company, creating new products, offerings, and services utilizing emerging data-driven technologies such as next-generation geospatial temporal storage, advanced/real-time analytics, artificial intelligence, deep neural networks, closed-loop machine learning, computer vision, and advanced robotics just to name a few.
This team owns the technology vision around the Reality Index, deep experience in building real-time Big Data Analytics platforms, and recognize and leverage the intrinsic value of emerging and existing technologies. As such, this focuses on defining the Technical and Research agendas, including developing and deploying a leading edge Vision and Roadmap for the future product and services offerings of the company from a technology perspective.
This team is a mix of hard core data scientists, system and platform architects, researchers, principal engineers, analysts and BI geeks. Their mission spans all platforms across Automotive, Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) and Internet-of-Things (IoT) in combination with new and emerging technology fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Deep Neural Networks, closed-loop Machine Learning and Geo-positioning to name just a few.
This is a senior engineering role. You will need to excel with minimal technical supervision, while playing a variety of roles as needed to respond efficiently to product priorities.
We are looking for a visionary and someone who is comfortable and confident presenting to C-suites as well as large groups or audiences.
• Define long term architectural direction, design, and implement high performance and highly scalable and available platform components for advance analytics (machine learning and deep leaning)
• Work effectively with global product development and engineering teams
• Fully understand non-functional requirements, system interdependencies and limitations
• Maintain a broad view of emerging technologies and contribute in roadmap definition
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
• Expert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
• Proven experience with platform development for advanced analytics (machine learning, deep learning), open source big data technologies and service oriented architecture
• Ability to prototype a system end-to-end
• Proven experience delivering production-quality server side applications in a professional software engineering role, developing in C#, C++, Java or Scala
• Experience with cloud platform such as AWS or Azure
• Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, engineering best practices, and agile software development methodology
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Proven experience to lead a team of engineers to solve big problems with significant ambiguity
• Minimum of 7 years related professional experience
B.Sc. in Computer Science, advanced degrees preferred.