Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
VerticalMove is a highly retained Technology Headhunting firm focused on the top 10% of Software talent that work in the SaaS/PaaS/Cloud space.
We’re a leading professional talent consultancy solving some of the most challenging business problems among the leading Fortune 500 brands. Similar to the Industrial Revolution of the 1800s, the world now is in the middle of a Technology Revolution, and it’s our mission to help our clientele compete globally through a number of talent solutions that include employment branding, executive search and staffing solutions. There has never been a better time to be in recruiting:
• Preferred Staffing Partner: $20 billion global media conglomerate.
• Preferred Staffing Partner: 1 of the top 3 largest cloud computing companies.
• Preferred Staffing Partner: #1 global GRC enterprise software company.
• Preferred Staffing Partner: #1 online consumer security company.
• Preferred Staffing Partner: 1 of the top 3 global consumer console gaming companies.
• Preferred Staffing Partner: 2 of the top 3 global streaming music companies.
• Preferred Staffing Partner: 4 of the top 5 most recognized VC firms.
• Preferred Staffing Partner: 6 of the top 8 big data/advanced analytics companies.
This is a full desk leadership role where you will not only launch VerticalMove into a brand new market (Healthcare IT) but also build and operate your own team from the ground up with the support of the home office. Engage partner leadership, develop business plans and execute joint sales/marketing plans that deliver meaningful and repeatable business impact.
This role focuses on 3 core responsibilities:
Business Development, Recruitment, and Building a team.
• Land and Expand our presence within a greenfield market - specifically Healthcare IT
• Jump start the market penetration by bringing in new accounts for both FTE and Contract roles
• Source and prescreening the best candidates in the industry candidates.
• Develop, execute & experiment with new sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to identify potential candidates, meet overall recruiting & candidate development goals.
• Connect and engage with passive and active candidates while building and maintain relationships.
• Promote the VerticalMove culture within your team.
• Leads with character, builds trust, respect and credibility through actions and behaviors.
• Promote and support an inclusive work environment where diversity and inclusion is championed.
• Aware of and accepts responsibility for own actions and behaviors.
• Create a positive, collaborative team culture.
• Strives to understand and support others.
• 10+ years of experience working within an Agency model and 3+ years of leadership where you have hired, developed, and promoted within your own team.
• An established and measurable track record of success both in attaining new accounts and candidate placement.
• Strong leadership, business development, organizational, team building and management, communication (verbal, written and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be creative, flexible, and objective in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
• Experience and success partnering across groups and performing to multiple business goals.
• Ability to balance high expectations for team performance with a fun company culture.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to win.
• College degree preferred but not required. If you have an established track record of success that is far more important to us.