I'm one of those odd people that stumbled into the obsession they never knew they had then made a career out of it and I've loved every minute ever since. I am absolutely enthralled by the process of solving one of the biggest business problems facing every company today: Human Capital Management.
No Recent Posts
$0.00 - $0.00
United States, CA - 94016
Our client is one of the top 3 job boards (late stage startup) in the US and they are aggressively expanding their team both in San Francisco and Mill Valley to join their core product team.
• All employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
• 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
• Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
• Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
• Onsite gym and fitness classes
• Free catered lunch; new menu daily
• Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
• Your choice between Mac or PC
• Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
• Free parking
We are looking for a senior for our DevOps team to drive our configuration management, build, deploy and monitoring platforms. You must be a self-starters who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises. But most importantly – we need a leader that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver, because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
• Manage the operations tickets queue for the DevOps Team
• Communicate with rest of the Engineering for rolling out broad changes
• Coach, mentor, motivate other DevOps Engineers
• Automate operational and server provisioning workflows using Ansible/Chef
• Work on our Platform as a Service tool for infrastructure automation
• Share the responsibility for deploying releases and conducting other operations maintenance
• Enhance operations infrastructure such as Jenkins clusters, Bitbucket, monitoring tools (Consul) and metrics tools such as Graphite and Grafana
• Provide operational support for rest of the Engineering team
• Help migrate our remaining dedicate hardware infrastructure to the cloud
• Establish and maintain operational best practices
• 5+ years of configuration management and engineering for large scale websites, ideally supporting an Agile development process
• Deep understanding of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies
• Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS/EC2, Rackspace Open Cloud, etc.) and cloud automation tools (Ansible, Chef).
• Experience with software build tools (Maven, Gradle) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
• Must have supported Java based application in production environment
• Experience with Linux environments and scripting languages - bash, python, Groovy
• Experience in supporting Node.js in production is a plus
• Knowledge of service discovery tools such as Consul is a plus
• Comfortable working late evening hours, which is when most patching occurs
• You are extremely proactive at identifying ways to improve things and to make them more reliable.
Bachelors or higher in a Comp Sci or related field