Our client is one of the most frequently used mobile platforms globally. their mobile application has been downloaded onto over 75 million mobile devices, as a service for on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform. They have effectively raised over US $2 billion in the last round of funding. They have experience 3x growth year over year and in the process of building out their Research and Engineering team in Seattle.
* Architect, build, and maintain highly available *nix infrastructure for Service Discovery on AWS.
* Experience building in-house service discovery systems using etcd is strongly preferred.
* Serve as a key member of the Core Engineering Team-Service & Data Platform
* Help improve reliability, stability and availability across the platform (our millions of customers depend on five nine uptime)
* Together with the engineering and support team, participate in on-call rotations and be an escalation contact for service incidents
Nice to haves;
* Configuration management tool experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or SaltStack
* Containerization/Container Orchestration experience (Kubernetes preferred)
* Experience building and optimizing a CI/CD pipeline in an agile SaaS environment
* Experience with hardening critical systems and knowledge of information security principles
* Experience with performance analysis and debugging tools
* 3 years of relevant experience deploying and managing cloud infrastructure with focus on *nix platforms
* Possess a solid understanding of the Linux or FreeBSD/OpenBSD family of Operating Systems and their underlying components
* Possess a solid understanding of the OSI networking model
* Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions
* Hands-on experience with etcd
* Experience in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell
A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields