The Ad Tech and Data Monetization team is responsible for building the infrastructure for serving ads into the platform, thereby monetizing the most valuable data assets.
This hands-on team is buildingour next-generation Ads technology. The team owns the entire server-side advertising ecosystem, including ad serving and auctions, campaign management tools, data ingestion and export, vertical integrations, and data collection and curation. Ads is one of the highest-impact teams in the company. The technology will help us build personalized custom experience for all users, improving quality of life for people in a highly price-sensitive and promotion-sensitive region. We are looking for backend, frontend, and full-stack engineers.
As an Ads developer, you will work on building systems that are uniquely tailored to Southeast Asia’s mobile and cash-heavy ecosystem. The technology is not very different from standard web advertising tech, but needs to be built in-house due to real-time requirements for serving relevant ads as our passengers move around the region. We use a mix of third-party and in-house technology, with the long-term goal for it to be all in-house. You will be working with very large data sets, implementing low-latency serving systems, and doing integrations with external ads systems such as DMPs and DSPs. Frontend engineers will be helping build world-class campaign management systems.
Nice to Haves;
** Hands-on working experience with data engineering in a Hadoop ecosystem or equivalent (e.g. Spark/Storm/Hbase), data modeling, and reasonable SQL knowledge
* Experience in commercial software development in large distributed systems
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
* For frontend engineers, experience with running web services at scale
* For backend and full-stack engineers, strong understanding of system performance and scaling
* Expertise in at least 1 of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, Scala
* Experience with either RDBMS or NoSQL data stores
* More senior candidates should have a deep understanding of the analysis and tuning of system performance and reliability