Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Our company is one of the nation’s largest residential mortgage corporations and we originate nearly $25.0 billion dollars annually. We proudly employ nearly 7,000 incredible associates across more than 600 locations and have one focus, which is helping hundreds of thousands of families achieve their dream of homeownership each year.
We’re immediately searching for a Senior Vice President of Digital and Information Technology to take our company to the next level of innovation and competitiveness. The successful candidate will set all strategic direction and management of the IT Application Development department. They will provide technology vision, leadership, and day-to-day management in the design, implementation, and operations of our information technology systems in conjunction with the CIO.
This next-generation endeavor will be broken down into Strategic, Tactical and Emerging Technology:
• Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, and On-prem systems (AZURE \ AWS Experience)
• SOA and webservices (RESTful and SOAP)
• Software architecture
• Development methodology (e.g. Agile/Sprint iterative development)
• Devops (includes CI/CD)
• Datalakes/Data Warehouse
• Quality Assurance
• Quality of service and monitoring
• Data Security at rest and in motion project pipeline management
• Familiarity with financial industry regulatory issues and deadlines
Current Tech Skills:
• C# /.Net
• MS SQL
- New/Emerging Tech Skills
• AWS \ AZURE
• Mobile Development – Browser aware vs native app
Essential Job Functions:
• Collaborates with the CIO to provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology solutions for all FIMC business units.
• Collaborates with the CIO in the technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems, and staffing, research new solutions and technologies, and recommend changes.
• Collaborates with FIMC business units in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized business operations in order to achieve more effective and efficient enterprise-wide IT operations.
• Leads the IT Software Development, LOS Development, and Business Analysts/Project Management teams in the day-to-day design, development, implementation, and maintenance of FIMC's custom solutions, third party solutions, integrations, data analytics and reporting.
• Manages multiple projects and initiatives, as well as the day-to-day operation, security, reliability, and throughput of applications, data, and reporting.
• Manages the operations of corporate software applications, as well as supporting the underlying development platforms and database management systems.
• Participates in architecture design and development as it relates to selection, acquisition, development, and implementation of major automation solutions.
• Reviews potential third party software acquisitions for technology, business requirements, and maintenance, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate.
• Maintains knowledge of current technology. Evaluates alternatives, performs appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
• Develops and enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of FIMC IT application assets, their integrity, security, and privacy.
• Coordinates and manages reporting needs and data analysis for FIMC business units.
• Recruits, hires, trains, evaluates employee performance, and manages promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
• Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organization.
• Develops, implements, and maintains solution documentation.
• Fosters and promotes an environment of superior business partner collaboration.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
• Leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Adopts our values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions.
• Leads a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Local travel may be required for company or career-related meetings, programs, and/or events. Occasional overnight travel (up to 20%) may also be required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of customer service best practices
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of current business acumen
• 10+ years experience managing Information Technology departments.
• 10+ years leadership experience.
• Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management.
• Demonstrated experience leading others to achieve department and company goals.
• Demonstrated experience leading by example to foster relationships within the company and department.
• Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent education and work experience.