You’re the definition of a true technologist. You use words like INVENT, INNOVATE and DISRUPT. You get excited not about today’s technology, but the future of Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Robotics and Applied Sciences. Verticalmove is responsible for building what could be the coolest innovation lab in Seattle, perhaps in the entire United States. Founded and financed by a Fortune 100 brand that produces more than $50.0 billion in revenue, and produces $5.0 billion in annual profit, there is no shortage of funding.
Here are some of the exiting technologies that you’ll get to work with:
• Project Tango
• Artificial Intelligence
• HoloLens (AR/VR)
• 3D Printing
You will help with UI design and implementation for VR/AR applications. In this role, you will be working closely with a small team of designers and engineers to create exciting technologies and platforms to innovate the retail experience in unexpected ways.
As a UI Artist, your goal will be to implement user interface designs for the projects that the Lowe’s Innovation Labs produces. The UI artist is expected to be able to use UI tools and software with proficiency with moderate amounts of management and guidance.
• Export UI assets from illustrator/photoshop and import into Unity project
• Integrate UI designs into project using Unity editor
• Keep builds of our projects up to date with current UI
• Test content in builds
• Maintain P4 branches
• Ensure UI designs work optimally on various mobile resolutions/orientations
• Meet with designers and software engineers to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned UI implementations meet design requirements.
• Communicate with your fellow team members, foster a positive working culture and be willing to solve problems collaboratively
• Proficiency in Maya, and Zbrush or other 3D software programs a bonus
• 2+ yrs UI/UX experience, working on AAA games or VR/AR applications
• Traditional art background
• Experience working with Unity Prefabs
• Experience working with p4 branches
• Rapid Prototyping skills and experience
• Unity Editor UI implementation experience
• Advanced level proficiency using Adobe Illustrator
• Intermediate level of proficiency using Adobe Photoshop
• Attention to detail and enthusiasm for producing polished UI
• Proficiency with UI Animations, ideally directly in Unity.
• Understands art fundamentals of proportion, perspective, lighting, and color theory
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with your fellow teams and achieve success working in a group
• Experience with Unity development for iOS and/or Android deployment