I'm one of those odd people that stumbled into the obsession they never knew they had then made a career out of it and I've loved every minute ever since. I am absolutely enthralled by the process of solving one of the biggest business problems facing every company today: Human Capital Management.
No Recent Posts
$0.00 - $0.00
United States, WA - 98004
For over a decade we have been a driving force behind k-12 education advancement and build new learning possibilities for over 2.6 million kids and 120,000 teachers. We are here to inspire students to not only think about and relate to mathematics in a new way but to also truly enjoy the subject.
We have a highly creative environment and a laid back company culture that is very focused on respecting the contributions of the team and encouraging growth, development, and innovation.
Our online software has been a defining force in the EdTech space and has been the recipient of several awards in our industry.
Our adaptive technology, curriculum, and game-like environment work together to provide a unique learning experience that’s like no other. Learn more.
We are 100% on the Amazon AWS cloud and work with modern technologies such as Docker, Terraform, Consul, and Nomad to build the next generation of our infrastructure.
The importance of this role cannot be understated.
As the Director of Data Quality you will report directly to the VP of Engineering and manage not only IC's but also some of the leadership on a growing team of 13. This person will be responsible for maintaining the QA culture across the entire company.
• Report directly to the VP of Engineering
• Manage a growing organization of (currently) 13 quality engineers
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple services
• Work efficiently in a collaborative team environment, interacting with technical and nontechnical staff
• Seek to continually improve the software, practices, culture, and results of the team
• Establish and evolve development processes to improve the productivity and efficiency of testing practices across the team
• Operate at all levels (leadership, management, and individual contribution), inspiring confidence and enthusiasm; happily jumping in and rolling up their sleeves when needed.
• Partner with leaders across various departments to drive improvements and efficiency in our SDLC process
• Identify automation needs and drive the innovation of the test automation tool-set
• Oversee the hiring and ongoing professional development of the QA team members
• Coach and provide mentorship to the QA managers in the team
• Embrace DevOps and agile approaches
• Dive deep into any and all areas of the product
• Be an active member of an architecture group focused on the big picture of how our software is built, deployed, and operated
• 8+ years in QA
• 3+ years of experience in QA management and leadership roles
• Strong understanding of web services, with a working knowledge of RESTful services, JSON/XML, and API infrastructures
• Experience implementing automated testing for new areas of products
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements
• Experience building and developing QA teams and staff
• Experience promoting quality as a discipline across a software development organization
• Experience managing content, functional, automation, and performance testing
• Experience testing a variety of systems such as web, mobile, content management, business intelligence and data management
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment