For over a decade we have been a driving force behind k-12 education advancement and build new learning possibilities for over 2.6 million kids and 120,000 teachers. We are here to inspire students to not only think about and relate to mathematics in a new way but to also truly enjoy the subject.
We have a highly creative environment and a laid back company culture that is very focused on respecting the contributions of the team and encouraging growth, development, and innovation.
Our online software has been a defining force in the EdTech space and has been the recipient of several awards in our industry.
Our adaptive technology, curriculum, and game-like environment work together to provide a unique learning experience that’s like no other. Learn more.
We are 100% on the Amazon AWS cloud and work with modern technologies such as Docker, Terraform, Consul, and Nomad to build the next generation of our infrastructure.
The DevOps Engineer maintains and evolves operational environments in support of the Technology organization CI/CD initiatives and operational goals. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for achieving assigned objectives by delivering high quality technical services, providing support to other personnel, and assisting in the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of the operational environment.
Our platform team develops and automates solutions that provide service discovery, load balancing, monitoring, logging, scheduling, etc. The goal is to support our site reliability and continuous delivery objectives.
• Provides high quality professional design, implementation and support services to personnel.
• Participates in the Operations Team 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Performs Release and Maintenance activities on the production environment (and others), as required.
• This position requires participation in the on-call rotation.
• Follows up with project team and subject matter experts; identifies barriers to implementation, provides suggestions to resolve challenges and responds promptly to all stake holders’ needs.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies and validates security needs on an ongoing basis.
• Analyzes system usage and efficiency, utilizing data and reports to propose recommended improvements.
2+ years’ experience in a customer-facing production operations environment
Experience the following:
• AWS technologies, including UI, SDK, and CLI access.
• Securing distributed systems and web services implementations on Linux/AWS.
• Implementing SSO using a central directory service such as IAM/Google/LDAP/Active Directory.
• One of the following scripting languages: Python, Ruby or Bash.
• Config Management tools like Puppet, Chef, CFEngine or Ansible.
• C scheduling and orchestration platforms - Consul/Nomad, Kubernetes, etc.
• Infrastructure automation tooling such as Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
• MySQL databases and RDS; NoSQL databases, (particularly DynamoDB).