We are a fast-growing education technology company, building the world’s largest platform of crowd-sourced learning materials and making education more available and accessible. Technology is revolutionizing the way we learn, and we’re committed to helping our users share and access the great academic content that they need to master their classes. This includes anything from study guides, test prep, practice problems, on-demand tutors, homework help, flashcards, videos, and more.
Our company culture is very open, and collaborative. In addition to hiring the best talent, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!
The charter for the Demand Intelligence team is to focus on the demand side of the network, by enabling search intelligence and demand side data products. This team will be building a semantic search engine using NLP based search mechanisms for the long-tail distribution and consumption of our document corpus. This also includes building user cohorts, an inference engine to infer intent, behavior, usage, trends, and economic demand curves powering content recommendations, pricing, and other applied data science initiatives. This is a technically-engaged, high-visibility position leading development for products built on search and machine learning.
We are looking for a senior engineering leader to build and lead our Demand Intelligence team as part of the Artificial Intelligence Group. The key objective of the AI Group is to build the semantic knowledge graph at Course Hero in order to help personalize bespoke learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content. At the platform level, we are a two-sided network, with the supply side of the network economy focused on sourcing knowledge through the acquisition of course content and the demand side focusing on delivering value for students and educators.
- You’ll provide inspirational leadership for an engineering team focused on our company objective to build a world-class demand side platform and semantic search capabilities.
- You’ll recruit, hire, and retain world-class engineering staff with the experience needed to accomplish our goals.
- You’ll ensure that team projects have sound technical architecture and make use of leading-edge technology in the areas of search and recommendation models.
- You’ll be hands-on when necessary to help complete a project or ensure quality.
- You’ll successfully execute quarterly and annual group roadmaps according to plan.
- You have 10+ years of experience working ideally in a consumer marketplace and in building search engines.
- You are a seasoned engineering leader with proven experience building high-tech teams focused on execution.
- You have experience leading search science, machine learning, and full stack engineers.
- You have experience shipping products based on search and recommendations powered by search sciences.
- You have practical experience with ElasticSearch.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial drive and desire to achieve big things.
- You have a Masters or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.