Our client is a nuclear energy technology company. They are working to raise living standards globally. The essential factor? Energy. They believed that business interests could develop a scalable, sustainable, low-carbon and cost competitive energy source that would allow all nations to quicken their pace of economic development and reduce poverty. Their goal is to provide the world with a more affordable, secure and environmentally friendly form of nuclear energy.
The company was established to bring together the strengths and experience of the world’s public and private nuclear energy sectors to develop a new generation of nuclear reactors that would responsibly meet growing energy needs around the globe. Its approach addresses the traditional shortcomings of nuclear power, in terms of safety, cost effectiveness, environmental soundness, and resistance to weapons proliferation.
The Senior Nuclear Document Control Specialist is a full-time exempt position that supports the Records Management & Document Control (RMDC) department. The position requires lead or supervisory nuclear document control experience, exceptional attention to detail, a thorough understanding of nuclear quality assurance regulatory principles, a demonstrated commitment to excellence, flexibility as well as poise, confidence, and the ability to interface with co-workers in a professional, approachable, and positive manner.
• Understand and support nuclear regulatory and quality assurance document management practices and RMDC procedures, including the ability to teach, promote and explain such policies to employees and contractors.
• Review, analyze, edit, format, and process documents for review, approval and release through current EDMS system, Agile. This includes creation and administration of Agile Change Orders, as well as implementation and tracking of Agile electronic workflows.
• Support and assist with the configuration and implementation of a new EDMS system at TerraPower.
• Monitor, promote and ensure document management processes are being followed; mentor document control specialists. Support cross-functional departments in the document creation, revision, and release process.
• Successful completion of software training to achieve Agile Administrator status. As an Agile Administrator, you will control and maintain the Agile EDMS system, including creation, modification and programming of roles, privileges, security profiles, document types and categories, document metadata, queries, and reports.
• Conduct Agile enduser training classes.
• Successful completion of software training to achieve SharePoint Administrator status. As a SharePoint Administrator, you will control and maintain SharePoint intranet webpages, including creation, modification and programming of user roles, privileges, and security profiles, as well as creation and modification of new and existing pages, and digital content.
• Manage and maintain hardcopy Engineering Library, digital Project Reference Library, and hardcopy documentation, as necessary.
• Manage files, documents and workload in accordance with established systems, processes and procedures, with the ability to coach and train others.
• Develop and produce analytical reports; develop and implement new procedures and guidance documents.
• Designee for Senior Manager of RMDC, as necessary.
• • Knowledge and experience in all areas of electronic document, record, and metadata management, including identification, creation, use, retrieval, access, and retention in a nuclear industry environment.
• Strong customer service and training skills and a desire to achieve results.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Strong oral and written English communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to conduct training classes.
• Highly skilled in setting priorities.
• Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
• Previous EDMS experience required (Agile system experience a plus).
• EDMS system implementation experience a plus.
• The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect with a desire to foster teamwork
• Minimum 7 years of document control / records management experience (with lead or supervisory experience) in the nuclear industry.
• NQA-1 regulatory experience required.
• Minimum of AA degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.