I'm one of those odd people that stumbled into the obsession they never knew they had then made a career out of it and I've loved every minute ever since. I am absolutely enthralled by the process of solving one of the biggest business problems facing every company today: Human Capital Management.
No Recent Posts
Full Stack Applications
$0.00 - $0.00
United States, CA - 94941
One of the top 3 job boards (late stage startup) in the US and is expanding their team both in San Francisco and Mill Valley to join their core product team.
As an engineering leader in our Email & Notifications development team you will be responsible for delivering millions of communication each day. We build machine learning-driven optimizations and tracking tools to provide engaging career related communication to our users while respecting their preferences. We strive to maintain 24x7 platform uptime which is leveraged by all teams, from engineering to marketing, to communicate with all of our 50 million users.
You will lead a highly talented team of engineers using open source technologies and frameworks to solve challenging problems around scale and performance. You will also be working closely with product managers, designers, marketing and other teams to drive engagement and growth.
As a fast-growing startup, we look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises.
• All employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
• 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
• Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
• Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
• Onsite gym and fitness classes
• Free catered lunch; new menu daily
• Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
• Your choice between Mac or PC
• Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
• Free parking
As a Senior Manager of Engineering you’ll focus on expanding this team (3 currently and it will be doubling in size shortly) and setting a high-bar for quality deliverables and continual improvement. You need to be hands-on (50/50 Hands on/People Management) to support your team with coding and unblocking by handling unforeseen production issues.
• 70/30 Hands on/Leadership responsibilities - Architect level technical knowledge
• Over 6 years experience with highly distributed and scalable environments
• At least 2 years of leading a team for a mission-critical 24x7 service
• Notifications Delivery such as email, text, and push
• Hands on development experience with Java, RabbitMQ, and SQL
• Strong database and multi-threaded exposure
Bachelors or above in Computer Science or a similar field