This is the chance to work for the hottest Augmented Reality late stage startup that is innovating in the AR space to create new hardware and software that will give its users a never-before-seen AR experience and redefine how we access screens and visualize data.
This is a hands-on lead software development and systems operations role supporting our build and release automation services. In this position, you will be part of a team building, evaluating, and deploying Magic Leap’s software stack.
You will help choose and deploy commercial and open-source tools and technologies to build and support a professional software engineering environment, with an emphasis on operational self-service and continuous integration. You will maintain and manage Magic Leap’s source code repositories for internal projects, third party resources, and forks of various open-source and proprietary projects
● Engineer systems and tools to support the build, integration, and verification of complex software systems spanning multiple hardware platforms, embedded devices, mobile platforms, and cloud-based services
● Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of multiple software components
● Work closely with Build, Integration, Test and Software engineers to develop tools for automation, and continuously improve the release process and automation environment
● Develop tools and scripts to automate the testing of software and hardware systems
● Assist developers with build issues, including maintaining Makefiles and make lists, resolving compilation errors, unit test failures, and similar issues
● Encourage and enforce best practices to enable rapid new feature development while maintaining multiple functioning software products
● 5+ years experience in build engineering and release automation
● Experience managing and building Android/AOSP projects
● Experience managing and building Linux based distributions and packaging
● Experience with make and cmake
● Experience with Linux, shell-scripting, Git and Gerrit, Jenkins
● Experience with Jenkinsfiles / groovy
● Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python
● Experience with software development and testing, and familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
● Familiar with virtual machines such as VMWare and VirtualBox, and containers such as Docker and LXC
● Familiar with performing and automating systems administration tasks using tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Fabric
● Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
● Strong communication skills and the desire to teach and mentor other engineers with varying domains of expertise
● BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or related field is preferred, but considerable weight will be given to experience and prior accomplishments.