My path to being a Technical Recruiter started when I was a Sales Rep selling Telecom services back in 1996. One of my calls was to a small recruiting firm in Foster City, which ended up recruiting me and my life has been recruiting focused since.
While the mechanics of a job search are very basic, its the intricate details that can muddle things up. That's where my experience comes in. One thing I will never do is to send your resume to a client without finding out if you are interested in the opportunity.
I am also a firm believer that if I treat my candidates and clients with respect and professionalism, they will be relationships for life. This is important, as the key to being a successful recruiter is the ability to have candidates feel comfortable about giving their friends as referrals.
We are a fast-growing education technology company, building the world’s largest platform of crowd-sourced learning materials and making education more available and accessible. Technology is revolutionizing the way we learn, and we’re committed to helping our users share and access the great academic content that they need to master their classes. This includes anything from study guides, test prep, practice problems, on-demand tutors, homework help, flashcards, videos, and more.
Our company culture is very open, and collaborative. In addition to hiring the best talent, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!
We are changing education by building a global community of students, the largest digital library of study materials, and innovative machine learning technology to support both learning and teaching.
Our engineering teams release code every day to millions of people, so we're looking for someone who can embrace challenges, build new features, and iterate quickly. Our projects are big! Many terabytes of data and millions of users around the world , but our team is small, so you’ll see projects from start to finish and work closely with product managers and designers to ensure successful results.
Senior Software Engineer is a highly productive developer, who contributes to system design, and provides mentoring for team members. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
Working here, you will demonstrate your engineering expertise and passion for applying technology to help solve real business problems as they happen. You should be comfortable working with loosely defined requirements and have a strong desire to work on a variety of business applications. Our engineers are versatile leaders who work enthusiastically to tackle new problems across the full technology stack.
You'll work closely with the product team and other engineers to solve complex technical challenges as well as craft product features that our customers love. As an experienced engineer, you'll have the opportunity to drive projects forward by contributing to architectural, product and technological decisions.
• You’ll design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• You’ll identify and evaluate new technologies to improve the platform.
• You’ll design and implement technical system changes—this is hands-on work where you’ll be coding or mentoring developers.
• You’ll identify best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives.
• You’ll design complex systems and lead the technical solution of projects.
• You’ll work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications.
• You’ll mentor more junior engineers.
• You have 5+ years of experience architecting dynamic production solutions.
• You have a strong technical background coding web applications at scale.
• You have a strong understanding of relational databases.
• You have experience or interest in machine learning technologies such as TensorFlow and Keras.
• Experience developing code using 3rd party libraries and open source. Experience evaluating build vs buy decisions.
• You have direct experience with any of the following: PHP, React, Scrum, I18n, machine learning or deep learning, natural language processing.
• You are detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities.
• You have the ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
• You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You have an appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions.
• You have the ability to formulate articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution.
• You have a deep sense of product ownership.
• You’ve earned a BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience.