• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
You will be a Hands-on Leader for a global team of Automation & DevOps engineers in a highly agile environment, focused on efficient operation of daily activities, and continuous improvement for monitoring, automation and tools development for cloud services in AWS.
• Lead a Team of Devops Engineers responsible for roughly 50% hands-on coding and 50% Operations as a part of 24*7 on-call team.
• Utilizes understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
• Think strategically and drive for results.
• Build high performing teams by putting the right people in the right job at the right time and lead the team to embrace new ideas that produce outstanding results for our customers.
• Inspire others through action by creating a spirit of collaboration
• Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships / alignment with partners across the business.
• 5+ years experience as an established technical leader of DevOps/Software Engineering teams.
• Experience leveraging third party Cloud Service Providers (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
• AWS experience is required.
• Strong management skills, but also be able to dive into the details as needed
• Experience with Agile development and methodologies and SaaS
• Experience building and delivering Cloud Services and Cloud Automation solutions
• Experience working/managing in a 24*7 environment, managing production incidents, performing root cause analysis and remediation.
• Experience hosting cloud services and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the cloud
• Bring an Automation First attitude.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both orally and written
• Experience in data warehousing and high-performance computing environment is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.