• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
• Incredibly stable and profitable with a global presence with more than 40 offices throughout the globe.
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We are looking for a full stack engineer who is passionate about building services that our users love. This is a new initiative and a chance to create beautiful experiences that make our users feel confident and powerful, all supported by self-operating, self-scaling, self-healing back-ends. Experience delivering and operating services at scale in a cloud environment strongly preferred.
• Work backwards from the customer experience in all stages of design and development.
• Design and implement APIs that allow effort to be scaled out and define clear division of responsibility
• Stitch together and automate mission critical components and own the customer’s self-service experience.
• Deliver available, performant, scalable, operable services with tough SLAs to demanding customers across multiple deployment environments
• Measure things to really understand them. Publish meaningful actionable metrics. You know that empirical evidence always wins over instincts and theories.
• Advocate careful code reviews and thorough unit testing
• Demo progress to leadership and across teams
• This is a highly visible role that will make a large impact on the happiness of our customers and the future success of Teradata by way of use case expansion and top-line revenue growth.
• 8+ years professionally doing full-stack development and delivering results
• Experience with AWS or other cloud-based development.
• Experience developing distributed systems and cloud services.
• Enough operational experience to know what it means to build for scalability, reliability, security, supportability.
• Knowledge of REST, Web services.
• Expertise in building Responsive Web Applications. SPAs, Cross Browser sites &#CD# Cross Device applications
• Experience with leveraging CI/CD to improve both quality and velocity
• Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, VSTS, AWS OpsWorks, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
• Experience with Automated Testing Tools. (Jasmine, Selenium, CasperJS, Cucumber, etc.)
• Solid understanding of the UNIX/Linux/Windows operating systems
• Hands-on experience building and operating cloud-scale software services
• Strategic thinker. Consensus builder.
• Experience mentoring more junior engineers
• Business acumen and customer empathy
• Strong communication skills up/ down/ and across the organization. You must be able to clearly communicate dependencies and influence other teams that may not be in the same geography.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.