Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Verticalmove, Inc is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients include start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established billion-dollar brands such as Salesforce.com, Uber, Cisco, SAP, American Express and CenturyLink.
Being part of our Information Technology and Engineering consultancy means you’ll have industry leading benefits too, including Health (medical, dental, vision and life insurance), Paid Time Off (sick and vacation) and Retirement (401k with a 4% match).
Please follow us for valuable content, interview advice, compensation data and job opportunities:
Business Analyst is responsible for managing relationships with key stakeholders in functional business process areas by understanding specific business process area needs and ensuring timely development and deployment of applicable and reliable IT services and solutions to satisfy such needs. The candidate mentors and leads less experienced technical business analysts as assigned.
• Works closely with designated business process area representatives and other business units/users to understand applicable business process requirements to support with appropriate IT services and solutions; As necessary, facilitate the definition and documentation of business processes (i.e. business process engineering or re-engineering); Be an effective IT advocate for the business process area.
• Becomes sufficiently familiar with IT applications and systems in the context of assigned specific business process areas to assist in the troubleshooting of reported errors and/or problems and coordinate timely resolution through other IT departments (i.e. Systems Engineering, Development, etc.).
• Effectively project manages deployment of IT services planned for development and deployment in the business process area.
• Coordinate the analysis/troubleshooting of system/application issues to determine/report root cause and encourage future prevention.
• Ensures effective and timely communication to business constituents on all issues - project status, reported system/application problems/resolution, etc.
• Documents issues, complaints, business requirements, and enhancement requests related to IT systems and/or applications.
• Complies with all processes, adopted methodologies, standards, and deliverables associated with all elements of the SDLC.
• PMP training and/or certification preferred.
• 7-10 years of industry-specific, professional work experience.
• Technical background and experience defining and/or developing technical software solutions, ideally web related products.
• Qualified to project manage enterprise-class projects as may be necessary.
• Highly analytical; Ability to think strategically and to develop comprehensive detailed specifications.
• Seasoned in evaluating products and/or services and making recommendations for implementation.
• Capable of mentoring and supervising the work of other, less experienced analysts.
• Must have excellent problem analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution skills.
• Capable of negotiating and/or managing relationships with third party vendors.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in general business and technical environments.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational and delegation skills and efficient/effective management of one's own and other's time.
• Is self-directed, very responsible, and highly self-motivated.
• Able to excel in fast-paced, dynamic environments, with very aggressive project timelines.
• Four-year degree preferred or equivalent proven experience; BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Management is highly desirable