Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Verticalmove, Inc is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients include start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established billion-dollar brands such as Salesforce.com, Uber, Cisco, SAP, American Express and CenturyLink.
Being part of our Information Technology and Engineering consultancy means you’ll have industry leading benefits too, including Health (medical, dental, vision and life insurance), Paid Time Off (sick and vacation) and Retirement (401k with a 4% match).
Please follow us for valuable content, interview advice, compensation data and job opportunities:
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning and management of technical projects. He/she understands complex technical scenarios and requirements and can effectively manage and overcome obstacles to progress and/or suggest alternative strategies and directions. He/she is responsible for planning and execution of IT projects that includes any and all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating SDLC practices that are suitable for each project.
• Perform with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Facilitate and lead the definition of the project scope, project management/SDLC approach, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements.
• Establish a communication strategy in partnership with the business, IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
• Develop and maintains project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project related artifacts.
• Effectively negotiate project resource needs and competing priorities with IT and PMO resource managers
• Create and execute strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
• Manage, assess, and negotiate project scope changes.
• Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines. Apply appropriate levels of tailoring to meet project-specific needs, while still operating within the standard project management framework.
• Efficiently identify and resolve project issues.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and other project managers.
• 5+years direct work experience in a project management capacity.
• Demonstrated track record of success at delivering IT projects on time, within budget, and with high quality.
• PMP Certification helpful but not required.
• Demonstrated experience managing vendor contracts and implementations.
• Knowledge of PCI requirements for credit card processing regulations is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies from waterfall to agile.
• BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.