Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Verticalmove, Inc is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients include start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established billion-dollar brands such as Salesforce.com, Uber, Cisco, SAP, American Express and CenturyLink.
Being part of our Information Technology and Engineering consultancy means you’ll have industry leading benefits too, including Health (medical, dental, vision and life insurance), Paid Time Off (sick and vacation) and Retirement (401k with a 4% match).
Please follow us for valuable content, interview advice, compensation data and job opportunities:
The Information Security Analyst is responsible for operations and administration of the organization’s enterprise security solutions and processes. The Information Security Analyst investigates and responds to enterprise security events and requests.
• Administers and maintains security infrastructure / tool set.
• Gathers and documents security requirements to support enterprise security initiatives.
• Executes established information security management procedures (e.g., threat intelligence, metrics gathering, reporting, investigation) and produces quality deliverables.
• Analyzes security alerts, incidents, and requests; identifies root cause; determines and executes appropriate steps for resolution.
• Escalates security incidents/problems as required and monitors progress towards resolution until the incident/problem is closed/resolved.
• Performs threat hunting using available security tools, indicators, and intelligence.
• Builds, maintains, and manages strong relationships across internal and external teams to resolve problems and deliver information security services.
• Ensures that information security assets are maintained and inventoried.
• Drafts, reviews, and edits operating procedures and reports.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an information security role with progressive experience in operating, troubleshooting, designing, or implementing enterprise security solutions.
• Experience operating at least two of the following: DNS based protections, email filtering and security, web proxies, anti-virus, threat hunting, or log review/investigation.
• Bachelor’s degree in information security, computer science, information systems, or mathematics.
• Information security certifications such as Global Information Assurance Certification (e.g., GSEC, GCIH, GCED), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or CompTIA Security+.
• Experience with intrusion prevention systems (IPS), vulnerability scanning/management, system hardening, security standards, data loss prevention (DLP) solutions, and endpoint detection and response (EDR).
• Prior experience with root cause analysis and security incident response.
• Passion for customer service, problem solving, investigation, and information security.
• Strong analytical abilities and investigation skills.
• BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.