Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Employees: More than 2,000 Globally, with approximately 400 in Engineering and nearly $500M in annual revenue, growing at over 40% annually.
Industry: Financial Enterprise Software [SaaS & PaaS], think similar to Salesforce.com and their Force.com platform as a service.
[Tell Me More About The Position]
We’ve have been building, from the ground-up, a new v1 IaaS [building a Hybrid Cloud using both AWS and Openstack], PaaS [we want to build a world leading platform as a service similar to Force.com from Salesforce], and finally SaaS [building single–page financial applications that are simple and intuitive].
[Tell Me Who The Company Is]
Like Salesforce.com, we have set-out to dominate and automate a specific niche in a very large fin-tech [financial technology] market that is worth $1.36 trillion. We’re the undisputed leader, building best of breed products that process more than $2.0B daily in complex financial transactions.
Our vision, our goal, our passion moving forward is to deliver a dominate platform as a service and developer ecosystem [think similar to Force.com or even the iPhone franchise] that will be allow any individual to build and deploy complex financial business applications, across all industries, all around the world.
The Product Manager is responsible driving new product development for our Electronic Document Management products and defining the market requirements that support the product strategy and accomplish the adoption and retention goals. They work closely with their engineering partners to package needed features into product releases.
• Own the mission and vision for their product scope, maintains product strategy, defines and prioritizes the roadmap and product backlog
• Solicit input for the product roadmap from each critical constituent (legal, sales, customer service and customers)
• Validate product needs through market research and by leveraging existing and future user research.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge regarding mortgage industry and technology trends as well as our product line and competitor products
• Analyze the competitive landscape and determine gaps in pricing, functionality, or other potential competitive disadvantages
• Maintain the product portfolio roadmap and support Client Management, Sales and • Technical Support in communicating that roadmap
• Responsible for product delivery, adoption and growth
• Evangelizes product area among customers, prospects, and colleague
• Conduct win/loss analysis in partnership with Product Marketing
• Track and evaluate attrition (“churn”) to identify opportunities for improving client retention at each product level
• Proactively work with customers, prospects, partners, the sales organization, and the professional services organization to identify enhancement themes and new opportunities.
• Working with business analysts, ensure that product requirements and use scenarios are documented appropriately
• Create content plans
• Identify potential build/partner opportunities for your individual product, analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
• Define user personas for individual products
• Represent your product throughout every stage of the PLM process, through Launch Management and to adoption
• Track and monitor your product’s success targeted at adoption, engagement and overall product health
• Perform post-launch analyses against pre-defined success metrics
• Identify ways to reduce technical support cases
• Identify opportunities to create operational efficiencies in the support of the product
• Ensure all aspects of readiness are met, including finance (SKU creation and pricing approval through the Pricing Committee), legal (contract creation), operations and all other impacted or required areas
• Ensure all communications have been created, reviewed and delivered, both to internal teams and our clients
• Track overall product quality, SLAs, defect counts, availability and reliability
Mentor and grow business analysts
• Develop Business Briefs (aka Idea Pages, mini PRDs)
• Over 4 years of product management experience at a SaaS company; must also have experience in Mortgage banking, especially within product and pricing, compliance, operations management, underwriting, loan origination system administration, etc
• 2+ years as a Developer or Engineer
• Must have experience developing and detailing software product requirements
• Presentation experience in front of large audiences (internal & external facing)
• Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, legal, development, quality assurance, support, marketing and sales