Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
You’re the definition of a true technologist. You use words like INVENT, INNOVATE and DISRUPT. You get excited not about today’s technology, but the future of Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Robotics and Applied Sciences. Verticalmove is responsible for building what could be the coolest innovation lab in Seattle, perhaps in the entire United States. Founded and financed by a Fortune 100 brand that produces more than $50.0 billion in revenue, and produces $5.0 billion in annual profit, there is no shortage of funding.
Here are some of the exciting technologies that you’ll get to work with:
• Artificial Intelligence
• 3D Printing
The Development Manager will own one or more project teams and drive planning, staffing, communication, and execution decisions to ensure that key deliverables are met.
This role involves collaborating with multiple disciplines to develop the foundation of our suite of SAAS applications. In this role you will lead the team to develop, deploy, and scale infrastructure new and existing products. This includes owning the ongoing development of our 3d scan pipeline, content authoring infrastructure, data processing tech, and tools to provide support for our customers. Additionally, you’ll assist the team in navigating the challenges of production, provide career management and inspire a positive working culture.
• Manage, staff, enhance, and maintain a best-of-class engineering team.
• Provide 1 on 1 mentorship to a team of 12 to 20 direct reports from a variety of engineering disciplines
• Own development of our SaaS platforms, Cloud infrastructure, Data collection/processing and photogrammetry pipelines.
• Develops overall project plan to ensure the right deployment of resources at the appropriate time and tracks progress against project milestones; course-corrects as needed to ensure delivery of results on time
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Partner with Product Managers to create roadmaps and feature priorities for upcoming sprints and releases
• Ability to drive roadmap, work across organizational boundaries and exercise appropriate influence to ensure commitment to customers and product quality
• Engage with and support Customer Success team, ensure app users are productive and user feedback/fixes are prioritized for development in future sprints
• Identify, prioritize issues and work with the team to bring them to resolution
• Provide inter-team coordination between active projects
• Establish best practices, process, and development procedures
• Actively participate in engineering conversations to help focus decision making and ensure positive progress toward active goals
• Provides clear high-level goals, plans of action, and quantifies success criteria for the engineering team
• 10+ years managing teams of software engineers in a live development environment
• Degree in computer science or related field. Professional experience as software engineer desired
• Experience working on projects involved in Cloud infrastructure, data pipelines, machine learning, continuous integration and build systems
• The ability to embrace ambiguity and take action
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be a master at conflict resolution.
• Self-motivated, flexible, and results driven.
• Capable of balancing a project’s production requirements within budget and staff limitations while ensuring high production values are never compromised.