I'm one of those odd people that stumbled into the obsession they never knew they had then made a career out of it and I've loved every minute ever since. I am absolutely enthralled by the process of solving one of the biggest business problems facing every company today: Human Capital Management.
No Recent Posts
Server Side Engineering
$0.00 - $0.00
United States, IL - 60606
Our client serves as a strategic partner to some of the largest consumer goods companies and retailers, including Coca-Cola, Ferrero, Keurig, Kimberly-Clark, Mars and Nestle. Promotions based on Offer Innovation have yielded an unprecedented 5 to 25 percent performance improvement over traditional promotions.
They provide Offer Innovation software solutions to enable consumer products manufacturers and retailers to discover, test, and deploy more effective promotions. Offer Innovation combines behavioral economics and machine learning to identify hundreds of potential promotion combinations, micro-testing of dozens of promotion variations with real consumers in digital channels, and predictive analytics to assess in-store performance of the best promotions.
They have already begun disrupting and changing a $300 billion international for clients such as Coca Cola and Anheuser-Busch through their leading promotions optimization platform. These companies spend 2% of their GDP funding promotions and discounts, which in turn drives over 40% of their profit and our client has created a platform which offers a radical way of preemptively testing those promotions and their effective. They don't save their clients 2 or 3 million dollars a year, they have them 40-60 million.
Working with Java, you will build major features and new products as a senior member of our remarkably high performing, collaborative team of engineers who thrive on the business impact of their work. With strong team support and significant freedom and self direction, you will experience the wealth of interesting, challenging problems that only a high growth startup can provide.
• Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
• Comfort and experience with a small-paced and startup environment where you can take and run with your own ideas.
• Perform unit and system level testing on their application and all affected systems
• Implement all aspects of an application design including but not limited to: high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, state management, error logging, scalability, environment configuration, proper testing procedures, naming standards and all other aspects of good application design and development
• Strong ability to self-regulate and problem solve through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
• Connects their code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries; motivated to learn about and impact a new market
• Strongly collaborative and excels on a focused team
• Over 5 years of strong OO experience
• Strong Java skills
• Strong SQL - not just building queries but experience with Inner/Outer Joins and building complex queries
• Experience delivering enterprise software
Nice to Have:
• Hibernate and/or Spring experience preferred
• Experience with Amazon Web Service Products (EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Data Pipeline, and EMR or other Hadoop) or similar cloud computing service
• Experience with Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure
BS or BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience