Nice to meet you! I'm often regarded as one of the geekiest Recruiters in the industry and I couldn't be more proud to be honest. I've loved computers since my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A in 1981, followed by a Laser 128, which was an Apple II clone manufactured by Vtech. I introduced Apple Logo (think similar to Lisp) to my Elementary School and helped teach after school classes on the Apple II.
Fast forward three-decades later, I'm still playing with code, deploying systems on AWS EC2/S3 and for the past 16+ years have built some of the most prestigious enterprise and consumer software companies in the world.
You can expect that I will never spam your resume anywhere. I'm incredibly technical and have a deep understanding the technology and trends that make our industry go around. I'm a wealth of opportunities that you wouldn't likely find elsewhere as the best roles are rarely advertised.
Employees: More than 2,000 Globally, with approximately 400 in Engineering and nearly $500M in annual revenue, growing at over 40% annually.
Industry: Financial Enterprise Software [SaaS & PaaS], think similar to Salesforce.com and their Force.com platform as a service.
[Tell Me More About The Position]
We’ve have been building, from the ground-up, a new v1 IaaS [building a Hybrid Cloud using both AWS and Openstack], PaaS [we want to build a world leading platform as a service similar to Force.com from Salesforce], and finally SaaS [building single–page financial applications that are simple and intuitive].
[Tell Me Who The Company Is]
Like Salesforce.com, we have set-out to dominate and automate a specific niche in a very large fin-tech [financial technology] market that is worth $1.36 trillion. We’re the undisputed leader, building best of breed products that process more than $2.0B daily in complex financial transactions.
Our vision, our goal, our passion moving forward is to deliver a dominate platform as a service and developer ecosystem [think similar to Force.com or even the iPhone franchise] that will be allow any individual to build and deploy complex financial business applications, across all industries, all around the world.
We're a provider of enterprise on-demand solutions, including an online network, software and services for the financial-tech industry, processing complex financial transactions that are worth hundreds of millions of dollars daily. We are leading our industry into the future, developing and delivering marketing software solutions that are transforming how financial services companies, investors, and settlement service providers work—and work together. We are expanding our development teams and seeking to hire new software developers to help innovate within our next generation SaaS Platform.
• Contribute to our product development team in moving our leading SaaS software solutions to the next level.
• Analyze, design, develop and unit test software applications with high quality and on schedule, including business critical Web services to be consumed by internal/external applications.
• Use modern programming languages/technologies and apply industry standard software development best practices.
• Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (e.g. QA, Product Management, SaaS Operations, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve well groomed, predictable results.
• Experience working on a Salesforce ISV application.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience with performance tuning or optimizing code (back-end/front-end).
• Knowledge of Web services and SoA, including SOAP/XML, REST/JSON.
• 4-8 years of professional experience in commercial software or corporate application development.
• Detailed knowledge and experience writing applications on the Force.com platform using Apex and SOQL.
• Experience writing web services/APIs.
• Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with Apex.
• Strong in database concepts with a good understanding of how to effectively design Salesforce objects and SOQL queries that scale.
• Solid experience in working with large volumes of data within a SQL Server environment.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on a tight schedule.
• Experience leading a project.
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field.