As a Senior Developer Technology Engineer, you will engage and support a wide range of Magic Leap’s developers and partners in creating experiences. You will conduct this support both onsite “in the field” at those developers’ offices and from your office at one of Magic Leap’s locations. The ideal candidate has years of experience in interactive real-time 3D graphics development and/or the games industry. In addition, we’re interested in those who’ve worked for a major platform/publisher in the past in a similar role and/or have shipped multiple high profile applications focused on interactive real-time 3D graphics, gaming and/or VR/AR applications.
* The candidate in this role will work based at one the following office locations as listed.*
(LA area) Culver City, California
(Bay area) San Francisco or Sunnyvale, California
• Provide direct technical support to developers building experiences for Magic Leap
• Build advanced knowledge of company's current and future technology to understand how they enable content developers.
• Relentlessly advocate for developers’ needs internally within the company to improve our overall platform technology.
• Collaborate with account managers and internal subject matter experts to support early hardware seeding and onboarding efforts.
• Work with internal engineering teams to investigate and solve issues
• Develop samples and features for ML
• Work with the Learning Resource and Engineering teams to understand the challenges presented to the developer and assist in crafting solutions for them
• 5-7 years engineering experience in interactive real-time 3D graphics development and/or the games industry.
• In-depth knowledge of the most popular 3D game engines and 3D technologies (ideally Unity and/or UE4)
• Excellent problem solving/debugging skills to track down the cause of problems and quickly find solutions
• Experience writing code using C++, Strong C++ Knowledge as well as C#
• Deep Understanding of Linear Algebra
• Great interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Able to communicate complex technical issues via email and in person.
• Experienced in giving technical presentations to small groups of engineers and technical artists/designers
• Experience developing game engine technology is a plus
• Previous platform technology support experiences is a plus
• Ability to travel 30%
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field