Our client is one of the most frequently used mobile platforms globally. their mobile application has been downloaded onto over 75 million mobile devices, as a service for on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform. They have effectively raised over US $2 billion in the last round of funding. They have experience 3x growth year over year and in the process of building out their Research and Engineering team in Seattle.
As an observability focused Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) ,you’ll be part of a distributed SRE team that leverages open source and third-party solutions to help improve debuggability of systems, event correlation, timeseries collection and graphing.
• Work with engineering teams to design and write code to create systems which are highly available and able to scale seamlessly.
• Help improve reliability, stability and tackle scalability challenges with engineering teams
• Get involved in deep diagnosis of incidents, and engage with multiple highly skilled engineering teams on resolutions.
• Contribute to a culture of learning and responsibility by writing detailed postmortem reports.
• Identify and resolve problems relating to critical service operations and to prevent their recurrence using automation.
• Be part of a cool team, responsible for one of the largest cloud based services in South East Asia.
• Mentor other engineers, define our technical culture, and help build a fast-growing team
• Experience in designing and writing software for production systems.
• Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions
• Possess a solid understanding of the Linux or FreeBSD/OpenBSD family of Operating Systems and their underlying components
• Possess a solid understanding of the OSI networking model (TCP/IP)
• 2+ years of relevant experience with managing IT infrastructure with focus on the *nix platforms
• Experience in one or more of: Go, Python, Perl or scripting experience in Shell
• Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner
• Preferably a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
NICE TO HAVES:
• Experience with cloud computing technologies from vendors such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
• Configuration management tool experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or SaltStack.
• Experience with building a monitoring solution (ELK, Prometheus, OpenTracing) is very beneficial.
• Experience with hardening systems and knowledge in information security.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.