We are an iconic e-commerce company that has been a part of the Seattle Landscape for over a decade. We are publicly traded on the NYSE, and listed as one of Fortune Magazine's 100 Best companies to work for. We are seeking individuals that are interested in working in within a challenging, autonomous environment that is similar to a start-up, but also provides a great work life balance and a stable work environment.
This role is for a front end engineer to help build business-critical systems. As part of the Pricing DevOps team, you will follow and demonstrate best practices to the team. And, you’ll work with a multifaceted group of engineers.
Demonstrate competence of engineering concepts, theories and principles, combining them with business understanding to design, document and implement clean and robust solutions to complex business problems.
Work independently while demonstrating a bias for action and flexibility to evolving business needs.
* Demonstrate an ability to turn business needs into functional requirements, while also explaining technical details in ways the business can understand. Participate in defining, scoping and estimating resulting stories.
* Work closely with your peers and help the team achieve its goals.
* Maintain a high bar for code quality, testing and automation while finding opportunities to continuously improve them.
* Contribute to design and code reviews, ensuring the team ships high quality, scalable, maintainable and well-tested code.
* Maintain a DevOps mindset, promoting cloud-oriented solutions while implementing and supporting monitoring, alerting, CI/CD pipelines as well as the team’s Cloud infrastructure.
* 4+ years of high quality professional experience in delivering quality software, ideally across the full stack
• Expertise with either React or AngularJS
• Experience building enterprise level web applications from scratch, should be able to demonstrate deep understanding of technology choices
• Experience with RESTful architecture and micro services. Knowledge of JSON and XML.
• Experience with system design, architecture, scaling, and performance testing. Experience building services a plus.
• Experience with Cloud technologies, proficiency with AWS a plus.
• Experience with databases. Familiarity with NoSQL databases is a plus
• Familiarity with CI/CD and testing tools. Experience with Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent preferred.