We recently developed and released a title for Playstation 4 and Steam. Our studio has also been co-developing games with our partners since 2003, we pride ourselves on the high-quality bar we set for ourselves and deliver to our clients. Because of this, we have been very fortunate to work on some of the biggest titles and franchises out there like God of War, Forza Motorsport, League of Legends, and Batman... just to name a few.
We are looking for a strong Lead Software Engineer who can join our highly-talented team and help us deliver games that are AAA-quality, exciting, and most importantly, fun!
Our studio is located in the heart of downtown Seattle with Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Waterfront, several theaters, Metro transit system, and many culinary delights all within just a few blocks walking distance.
● Directly manage and supervise a team of software developers while also being a daily individual contributor
● Design, develop, and unit test software in accordance with established standards.
● Communicate with other departments within the team to improve existing toolchain and determine new solutions
● Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions
● Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching, mentorship, and code reviews.
● Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
● Create and maintain technical documentation.
● Work with a variety of other departments to create technical design and determine requirements
● Assist production team in breaking up tasks and estimating work scope for on-time milestone deliveries
● Research and evaluate potential third-party solutions for use in the development of a game title.
● Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and certifications
● Experience developing a shipped mobile title
● Interest in workflow automation
● Experience leading a team of software developers
● Experience developing a live service Client/Server game title
● Experience working with external development and publishing partners
● 6+ years of game development experience on PC, console, or mobile titles
● Substantial knowledge using C# programming language
● Knowledge of multi-threaded/multi-core programming
● Knowledge of Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, animation, physics, and user session management
● Experience developing for and writing API’s for Unity, Unreal 4, or equivalent game engine
● Experience with modern rendering techniques and engine-related issues
● Experience with project management tools (Trello, Jira, Hansoft, etc…)
● Experience with source control tools (Git, Perforce, SVN, etc…)
● Solid understanding of development best practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns and object-oriented design
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
● Experience developing for iOS and Android platforms