Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on lighting up Microsoft experiences with touch first computing. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
As part of the Surface design verification team, we are looking to hire a candidate who will be responsible for overall system power of our tablet devices. The area of responsibility is broad in scope requiring both strong electrical engineering knowledge and great system level power analysis skills.
Typical work areas include electrical verification of power paths to ensure power integrity is maintained in all scenarios, power breakdown analysis to drive optimized power consumption across all device states, and power management to conserve/extend battery life.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Power system engineering in mobile electronics industry
• Familiarity with electrical test equipment, including oscilloscopes, power supplies, DC electronic loads, data acquisition equipment, etc.
• knowledge of Windows operating systems
• knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel for recording data and generating reports
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of PMICs (power management IC), switch mode power supplies, low drop-out linear regulators, load-switches
• Experience with NationalInstruments software and LabVIEW for data acquisition for voltage/current/power measurements
• Experience with automation of test hardware using various languages (PowerShell, national instruments, etc.)
• Experience with C/C#, PowerShell
• EE or CS degree with a focus on Power Electronics