Come work with the most recognized and popular franchise in the world! As subsidiary of the most profitable children's entertainment brands in existence, this company is responsible for the official website, brand management, licensing, marketing, and development outside of Asia.
After the incredible success of the augmented reality mobile game in 2016, all development was brought in-house and they haven't stopped growing since. Based in downtown Bellevue, they are well known for having a great work/life balance as well as an inclusive & collaborative culture.
The beautiful panoramic view from the office is icing on the cake.
As a Senior Services Engineer you will contribute to the development, polish, and optimization of new mobile game services. You will be working with world class client and service engineers, game designers, and artists to deliver brand new mobile games.
• Build efficient industry-leading, best practice infused projects in a collaborative environment
• Implement, debug, and optimize code and services which will impact the experience of tens of millions of users
• Work with microservices, gateways, security, queues, serialization, et al. using whatever it takes to “do it right”
• Collaborate with multiple disciplines to implement services to bring to life gameplay features and mechanics – core logic, storage, and other aspects are backend driven
• Maximize test (e.g. unit, integration, etc.) coverage while working to find better ways to stress and test services, systems, and code
• Guide and mentor other engineers and expect feedback while working with the best
• Senior level problem solving, data structure analysis, and designing for scale both in number of titles/products supported and number of users
• Own the full server stack from inception to CI/CD
• 6+ years in a services development role
• 3+ years of experience within game and/or mobile services development
• Deployed or released significant features for at least two publically accessible services with large scale usage and proven uptime
• Thorough knowledge of Java 8 and above with ample experience in OOO development (e.g. C#, C++, etc.)
• Experience with online social game systems and games with live development
• Ability to analyze complex problems and present multiple solutions
• Effective communication skills; especially within teams and with technical information
• Ability to clearly articulate API design and technical requirements with thoughtful documentation gathering requirements, exploring alternative solutions, and implementing code along the way. Maintain and update documentation
• Able to quickly mockup or prototype services and concepts
• Knowledge of the REST protocol and sockets (e.g. websocket, TCP/IP, etc.)
• Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL databases (e.g. AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.)
• Knowledge of managing builds (e.g. Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, etc.)
• Knowledge of frameworks (e.g. Spring, etc.)
• Knowledge of queuing (e.g. RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, etc.)
• Knowledge of binary client server communications (e.g. Flatbuffers, protobuffers, GRPC, etc.)
• Knowledge of cloud-based systems (e.g. EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, BigTable, BigQuery, etc.)
• Knowledge of caching systems and mechanisms (e.g. Elasticache, Memcached, Redis, etc.)
• Knowledge of messaging and notification systems (e.g. SNS, APNS, UA, GCM, etc.)
• BS Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent years of work experience
• AWS Certified Developer Associate or Professional a plus