I'm one of those odd people that stumbled into the obsession they never knew they had then made a career out of it and I've loved every minute ever since. I am absolutely enthralled by the process of solving one of the biggest business problems facing every company today: Human Capital Management.
No Recent Posts
Server Side Engineering
$0.00 - $0.00
United States, CA - 94303
Our client serves as a strategic partner to some of the largest consumer goods companies and retailers, including Coca-Cola, Ferrero, Keurig, Kimberly-Clark, Mars and Nestle. Promotions based on Offer Innovation have yielded an unprecedented 5 to 25 percent performance improvement over traditional promotions.
They provide Offer Innovation software solutions to enable consumer products manufacturers and retailers to discover, test, and deploy more effective promotions. Offer Innovation combines behavioral economics and machine learning to identify hundreds of potential promotion combinations, micro-testing of dozens of promotion variations with real consumers in digital channels, and predictive analytics to assess in-store performance of the best promotions.
They have already begun disrupting and changing a $300 billion international for clients such as Coca Cola and Anheuser-Busch through their leading promotions optimization platform. These companies spend 2% of their GDP funding promotions and discounts, which in turn drives over 40% of their profit and our client has created a platform which offers a radical way of preemptively testing those promotions and their effective. They don't save their clients 2 or 3 million dollars a year, they have them 40-60 million.
You will impact major feature and new product decisions as part of our remarkably high performing team of collaborative, talented engineers who thrive on the business impact of their work. With strong team support and significant freedom and self direction, you will experience the wealth of interesting, challenging problems that only a high growth startup can provide. At an exciting point in a strong trajectory we have strong funding, leading customers like Coca Cola, Mars, Keurig, and Nestle, and a transformational value proposition.
• Work in fast-paced environment to help generate ideas and quickly turn them into robust, well-tested, functioning code (including but not limited to Java)
• Operate in a modified scrum environment where we spec, estimate, and divide up work as a team and then manage ourselves independently
• Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
• Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects in the time promised
• Perform unit and system level testing on their application and all affected systems
• Implement all aspects of an application design including but not limited to: high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, state management, error logging, scalability, environment configuration, proper testing procedures, naming standards and all other aspects of good application design and development
Strong ability to self-regulate and problem solve through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
Connects their code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries; motivated to learn about and impact a new market
Strongly collaborative and excels on a focused team
• 1-5 years of software development experience; object oriented design skills and knowledge of website design and usability
• Strong Java skills
• Experience delivering enterprise software
• SQL experience strongly preferred
• Hibernate and/or Spring experience preferred
• Strong ability to self-regulate and problem solve through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
• Connects their code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries; motivated to learn about and impact a new market
• Strongly collaborative and excels on a focused team
BS or BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience