Verticalmove, Inc. is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients include start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established billion-dollar brands.
Being part of our Information Technology and Engineering consultancy means you’ll have industry leading benefits too, including Health (medical, dental, vision and life insurance), Paid Time Off (sick and vacation) and Retirement (401k with a 4% match).
Please follow us for valuable content, interview advice, compensation data, and job opportunities:
We empower data-driven companies to achieve competitive advantage and win in their markets by exploiting data for insight and value. With our industry-leading analytic data solutions and proven consulting experience and expertise, companies can become more competitive by leveraging insights from integrated data to, among other things, increase revenue and profitability, improve effectiveness, drive innovation, enhance customer relationships, improve business processes and reduce costs.
We are looking for DevOps Engineers to work in our Managed Cloud (MC) group. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments, owning a service from front to back, and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment. In this role you will be center to helping design and operate environments that enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
• Building v1 greenfield solutions that have established our company as the leading Data Warehouse as a Service, Advanced Analytics as a Service, and Data Lake as a Service provider in the world. We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere, AWS/OpenStack, HashiCorp tools (Vagrant, Packer), Ansible etc in one of the largest deployments in the world.
• We’re building the worlds most scalable database and analytics infrastructure in the world. Purpose built for both Public and Private Cloud deployments, and based upon a massively parallel architecture that has endless elasticity. In fact, our largest deployment sits within the https://www.supernap.com located in Las Vegas and has a footprint the equivalent of an entire football field.
• Truly innovative technology infrastructure company, building the most cutting-edge Big Data technology. Filed 397 patents in the last 9 years, which amounts to one new patent weekly. In the last 2 years we’ve replaced competitor infrastructure (Oracle, AWS, IBM and Netezza) within over 100 companies, and these are significant global deployments.
• In terms of scale, we have production deployments that are more than 50 petabytes in size for some of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the world. We have one such customer that generates more than 20 terabytes of data per hour. Here are some of our customers – Ebay, Wells Fargo, Ford, Cisco, Volvo, Boeing and Comcast:
- 19 of 20 telecommunications companies.
- 14 of 20 top global retailers, customers with more than 10 petabyte deployments.
- 18 of 20 top financial institutions.
- 06 of 06 top airline transportation companies.
• Incredibly stable and profitable with a global presence with more than 40 offices throughout the globe.
Interested? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
• You are center to help design and operate highly available systems and software in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments.
• Metric driven and focused on continual improvement.
• Comfortable working with distributed teams.
• Strong expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies.
• Automation is in your DNA.
• System and IT Operations.
• Continuous deployments.
• 5+ years of relevant job experience.
Tools & Experience:
• Strong code/scripting skills. Python preferred.
• Experience working in hybrid environment.
• Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems.
• Experience working with complex network topologies and hardware.
• Experience working in a cloud/Iaas environment – AWS, Azure.
• Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack.
• Containerization tools such as Vagrant, Kubernetes, Docker or LXC.
• Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack.
• Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant.
• Monitoring/Alerting tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Icinga and Graphite.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.