Verticalmove, Inc. is the leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients include start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established billion-dollar brands.
Being part of our Information Technology and Engineering consultancy means you’ll have industry leading benefits too, including Health (medical, dental, vision and life insurance), Paid Time Off (sick and vacation) and Retirement (401k with a 4% match).
Please follow us for valuable content, interview advice, compensation data, and job opportunities:
Under minimal supervision, the Cyber Security Engineer will participate in evaluating, developing, and implementing cyber security tools, standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse systems environments.
• Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
• Assures quality customer service to all customers.
• Responsible for supporting cybersecurity functions across the enterprise.
• Works with Senior Information Security staff to define security best practices and provides guidance to Enterprise Application and Infrastructure teams for continuous process improvements.
• Researches and evaluates proposed application solutions for adherence to documented company standards, policies and regulatory responsibilities.
• Recommends application security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, research information security standards, conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments and identify integration issues.
• Provides advanced support on all aspects of Cyber Security including but not limited to Hardware, Software, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Firewalls/Routers/Switches, Active Directory, Auditing, Logging, and Monitoring.
• Responsible for daily review and updating of the Security Operations Monitoring system including but not limited to Intrusion Detection and Prevention system, Vulnerability Scanning, Network Security Incident/Event Monitoring (SIEM) system, Email Security system.
• Works with Infrastructure Operations team to reduce risks to information assets by recommending/implementing controls e.g. encryption, network segmentation, access controls, patch and vulnerability management.
• Participates in incident response and investigations of suspected cybersecurity events, misuse or compliance reviews.
• Performs assessments to ensure the use of established security policies, practices, and expectations across all platforms, operating systems and applications.
• Analyzes current attack trends, technologies, and methodologies and design and implement technical and process-oriented countermeasures.
• Assess emerging technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities.
• Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
• Eight years of progressive experience in Information Technology related roles required.
• Four years of experience in Cyber Security, including firewall, intrusion detection/prevention systems, anti-malware products, forensics tools, data encryption, Data Loss Protection, VPNs, vulnerability scanners, multiple operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux, etc.), and directory services (Active Directory, LDAP).
• Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated understanding of software systems and development concepts including access, authorization, configuration, design, test & maintenance.
• Strong business analysis skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment as an individual contributor.
• Resourceful, creative, innovative, results-driven and adaptable.
• Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Security certification (e.g. GIAC, CISSP) from nationally recognized organization preferred.