I'm one of those odd people that stumbled into the obsession they never knew they had then made a career out of it and I've loved every minute ever since. I am absolutely enthralled by the process of solving one of the biggest business problems facing every company today: Human Capital Management.
No Recent Posts
$0.00 - $0.00
United States, CA - 94016
Our client is one of the top 3 job boards with over 50M views per month in the US and they are aggressively expanding their team both in San Francisco and Mill Valley to join their core product team.
• All employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
• 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
• Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
• Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
• Onsite gym and fitness classes
• Free catered lunch; new menu daily
• Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
• Your choice between Mac or PC
• Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
• Free parking
This leadership role is directly responsible for managing the daily operations of all of our site computing platforms and systems, including infrastructure and systems security. You will directly manage a technical team of three DevOps Engineers and exhibit passion that elevates and inspires. You will be responsible for leading your team, including ensuring delivering on commitments, mentoring, career development and project management using the agile methodology. The role will also be responsible for, managing various service providers to deliver 24x7 support such as AWS, Cloudflare, AppDynamics, Sumologic, etc. You will partner with the Information Security to ensure secure infrastructure and services.
• Manage the build and deploy infrastructure, which relies on Jenkins, Ansible, Groovy DSLs and Fabric.
• Enhance in-house Platform-as-a-Service tool for Java microservices, and make it available to be used by engineering organization.
• Define and implement best practices to drive high-availability and fast performance for core infrastructure such as caching platform (Redis), AWS load balancer usage, service registry (Consul), Java microservice configuration, etc.
• Manage Jira ticket queue, and scrum board for the teams
• Cost management of the production/test infrastructure, which runs on AWS leveraging CloudHealth.
• Manage company’s HackerOne bug bounty program to identify security vulnerabilities
• Partner with engineering teams to determine key issues and challenges that need to be improved and determine effective solutions.
• Accustomed to making decisions with little supervision or direction with a “can-do, make-it-happen” attitude
• Experience managing a team with remote members; including hiring, retaining, managing performance and developing skill set of direct reports
• Experience in collaborating with engineer teams supporting a high volume web application
• Experience in end to end agile/scrum management
• The ability to think logically and understand situations or problems by organizing or synthesizing information in a systematic way. It includes proactively anticipating and identifying problems before they emerge, looking beyond symptoms to identify root causes, and developing alternative solutions
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deliver commitments while juggling multiple priorities
• Actively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment with high expectations for quality with the ability to develop and execute projects and drive performance improvement
• Confident, professional, and effective communicator (both verbally and in written form) that can work with all levels and departments in an organization and get his/her point across in a concise, articulate, and congenial way.
• Proactively seeks out solutions and is excited to bring new approaches to the team taking initiative from concept to implementation.
• Strong understanding of automation frameworks such as ansible, chef experience in Terraform is a plus
• Understanding of build tools such as jenkins, maven, gradle
• Required experience in automation tools ie Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Bachelors or higher in a Comp Sci or related field