I'm one of those odd people that stumbled into the obsession they never knew they had then made a career out of it and I've loved every minute ever since. I am absolutely enthralled by the process of solving one of the biggest business problems facing every company today: Human Capital Management.
No Recent Posts
Data Science/AI/Machine Learning
$0.00 - $0.00
United States, CA - 94303
Looking for a new member of our Data Science team to help us transform a $300 billion market!
Every year, consumer goods brands and retailers in the US spend nearly 2% of GDP to fund discounts and other promotions, which drive ~40% of overall sales volume. We are the pioneer in Offer Innovation, introducing the capability for brands and retailers to discover, test, and deploy more effective promotions using a cloud-based SaaS platform that harnesses the latest in behavioral economics and machine learning. The Offer Innovation platform leverages recommendation-based test design, automated feature selection capability, algorithmic optimal experimental design and predictive analytics.
Reporting directly to the Head of Data Science, you will work with customers (leading CPGs like Mars, Coca-Cola, and Nestle) and our Customer Success team to analyze and provide insight using large data sets from real experiments. As a key user-facing technical expert, you will develop generalizable and extensible solutions to clarify and improve product outcomes for our customers. This is an opportunity to work at the tip of the spear in applying cutting edge data science to transform an industry, working cross-functionally with a collaborative team in a dynamic startup experiencing dramatic, triple-digit growth.
• Serve as dedicated data science expert for our users (leading CPG customers and the Customer Success team)
• Lead custom analyses and communicate findings
• Contribute to experimental design and validation for novel customer micro-tests
• Technical resource for science-related questions about the product, test design, and insights
• Mine customer and retailer digital assets to generate insights about optimal promotional test design and variable selection
• Develop generalizable and scalable solutions for all of the above via scripting automated analytics
• Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement
• Maintain and augment internal statistical monitoring tools for science related features as well as prototype new science-driven product features
• Partner with the engineering team to validate product automation
• 2+ years of relevant experience in analytics, data mining and experimentation with direct impact on business value
• Experience with:
• ML methods such asregression/classification/Bayesian techniques.
• Statistical analysis tools such as Python or R
• Experience in A/B testing and design of experiments
• Knowledge of common data structures and ability to write efficient code in at least one language, preferably Python.
Nice to have:
• Pricing analytics/modeling
• Production level coding (Python or Java)
Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science or relevant quantitative field