Verticalmove, Inc. is a leading technology talent firm for Information Technology, Software Engineering and Executive professionals. We build the most admired companies throughout the world by identifying and attracting highly qualified and often hard to find professional talent. Our portfolio of clients include start-ups financed by the most exclusive venture capital firms, and established billion-dollar brands.
Being part of our Information Technology and Engineering consultancy means you’ll have industry leading benefits too, including Health (medical, dental, vision and life insurance), Paid Time Off (sick and vacation) and Retirement (401k with a 4% match).
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
When provided with information of any sort, you can funnel it and turn it into something useful.
The ITS team leverages JIRA for managing development projects, specifically managing an agile development approach with a vast backlog of projects, user stories, and scrums. We need an individual to enable an efficient means of managing this workload, through proper allocation and definition of work-products, and enabling JIRA as an effective means of managing the process. We are currently in a period of evolution and change, driving the need to manage the workload for the company’s largest ITS initiative – and JIRA happens to be a critical facet.
We need someone who can readily adapt to ITS’ methodology and run with things once up to speed.
• Day-to-day management and administration of JIRA including workflows, user accounts, custom fields, dashboards, burndown, sprint and technical debt, reports, security schemas, issue schemas, project creation, etc.
• Develop metrics, dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
• Work with stakeholders & scrum teams to determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA setup and workflows. Map current processes and establish goals for improving, automating and increasing the technical agility of the organization.
• Provide guidance and training to technical and non-technical teams to use Atlassian tools, Jira and Confluence
• At least 4 years of experience with JIRA application administration
• Understanding of JIRA workflows, permissions schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, security, reporting, etc.
• Exposure to agile methodologies and experience configuring JIRA workflows for an agile environment
• Experience with administering and developing software team solutions on Atlassian tools especially JIRA and Confluence
• Experience configuring and maintaining application links between JIRA and Confluence as well as other applications
• Solid understanding of the SDLC and project management methodologies
• Understanding of continuous integration and version control systems
• Demonstrated experience in installing, configuring and administering Atlassian plugins
• A motivated self-starting personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests
• Confluence administration experience a plus
• Experience with APIs and tool integrations with Jira a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Systems
• Atlassian certified Jira Administrator desired