I'm one of those odd people that stumbled into the obsession they never knew they had then made a career out of it and I've loved every minute ever since. I am absolutely enthralled by the process of solving one of the biggest business problems facing every company today: Human Capital Management.
No Recent Posts
$0.00 - $0.00
United States, ca - 94566
Employees: More than 2,000 Globally, with approximately 400 in Engineering and nearly $500M in annual revenue, growing at over 40% annually.
Industry: Financial Enterprise Software [SaaS & PaaS], think similar to Salesforce.com and their Force.com platform as a service.
[Tell Me More About The Position]
We’ve have been building, from the ground-up, a new v1 IaaS [building a Hybrid Cloud using both AWS and Openstack], PaaS [we want to build a world leading platform as a service similar to Force.com from Salesforce], and finally SaaS [building single–page financial applications that are simple and intuitive].
[Tell Me Who The Company Is]
Like Salesforce.com, we have set-out to dominate and automate a specific niche in a very large fin-tech [financial technology] market that is worth $1.36 trillion. We’re the undisputed leader, building best of breed products that process more than $2.0B daily in complex financial transactions.
Our vision, our goal, our passion moving forward is to deliver a dominate platform as a service and developer ecosystem [think similar to Force.com or even the iPhone franchise] that will be allow any individual to build and deploy complex financial business applications, across all industries, all around the world.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for defining the market requirements that support the product strategy and accomplish the adoption and retention goals for each product. They work closely with their engineering partners to package needed features into product releases. Own the mission and vision for their product scope, maintains product strategy, defines and prioritizes the roadmap and product backlog Solicit input for the product roadmap from each critical constituent (legal, sales, customer service and customers) Validate product needs through market research and by leveraging existing and future user research.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge regarding mortgage industry and technology trends as well as our product line and competitor products Analyze the competitive landscape and determine gaps in pricing, functionality, or other potential competitive disadvantages Maintain the product portfolio roadmap and support Client Management, Sales and Technical Support in communicating that roadmap Responsible for product delivery, adoption and growth Evangelizes product area among customers, prospects, and colleague Conduct win/loss analysis in partnership with Product Marketing Track and evaluate attrition (“churn”) to identify opportunities for improving client retention at each product level Proactively work with customers, prospects, partners, the sales organization, and the professional services organization to identify enhancement themes and new opportunities.
Working with business analysts, ensure that product requirements and use scenarios are documented appropriately Create content plans Identify potential build/partner opportunities for your individual product, analyzing potential partner relationships for the product Define user personas for individual products Represent your product throughout every stage of the PLM process, through Launch Management and to adoption Track and monitor your product’s success targeted at adoption, engagement and overall product health Perform post-launch analyses against pre-defined success metrics Identify ways to reduce technical support cases Identify opportunities to create operational efficiencies in the support of the product Ensure all aspects of readiness are met, including finance (SKU creation and pricing approval through the Pricing Committee), legal (contract creation), operations and all other impacted or required areas Ensure all communications have been created, reviewed and delivered, both to internal teams and our clients Track overall product quality, SLAs, defect counts, availability and reliability Mentor and grow business analysts Develop Business Briefs (aka Idea Pages, mini PRDs)
• Working with internal and external parties to ensure solution success for both a web and app solution - not just discovery this is heavily execution-focused.
• Maintain, communicate and execute on the business plan, road-map, product requirements and positioning for the solution
• Communicate with customers, prospects, business development, sales and marketing to understand / document business requirements and identify highest priority areas for future product investment
• Manage product scope and deliverables for releases, including the prioritization of customer and internal requests into a multi-year road map
• Drive “whole” product delivery across all functional teams including business, compliance, development, QA, support, training, marketing and documentation
• Develop positioning to facilitate the development of product marketing communications, education and sales tools relating to ROI, benefits, features and functions of the product
Review / evaluate deliverable's on a continual basis to ensure that business requirements are being addressed
• Research industry metrics, demographics, market share, trends and drivers
• Assess competitors and their relative positioning within the market
• At least 7 years of hands on Product Management - both at the tactical and strategic level (GTM experience is a must)
• Experience developing and detailing enterprise level software product requirements
• Experience building either a CRM/Sales Enablement product OR a native mobile app
• Has owned a roadmap and managed multiple simultaneous projects
• Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, legal, development, quality assurance, support, marketing and sales
Nice to Have
• Experience with Fintech solutions
• Mortgage banking experience is a plus; ideally within compliance, operations management, underwriting, or loan origination system administration
Bachelors or above - ideally in a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or something similar. If you come from a developer background with a degree in Finance that could also be interesting to explore.