This client is modern, in the public cloud (AWS), micro-services based large distributed system and is quality driven. Their stack consists of Scala, Play, Akka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Jenkins, Kafka, Spark, HDFS etc. They believe in continuously evaluating our tech stack, have an easy process of suggesting and adapting new technologies. Our engineers enjoy being empowered and accountable.
On the rewards and incentives team, you will have the opportunity to work with systems at massive scale, on products that have a positive impact on society. We're all about rewarding people for healthy behavior -- from preventive health and wellness to condition specific management, we provide rewards and incentives for actions and behaviors that improve health outcomes and lower healthcare costs for the consumer.
- Architect, build and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks.
- Drive overall technical vision and architecture
- Lead evaluation of new technologies
- Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
- Be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code.
- Write high quality, fault tolerant code and employ defensive programming techniques to enable distributed transactions and guaranteed message delivery.
- Build extensible and reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user
- Breathe life into static mocks with CSS animations, transitions and visual effects
- Develop responsive web apps that look and work great across multiple devices
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring innovative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems.
- You have a strong background in Java or another compiled language, along with expert-level design & development
- You have exposure to or strong interest in learning Scala, or exposure to other functional programming languages
- You have strong unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
- You have commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems.
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch or MongoDB a plus).
- Experience with cloud based services and hosting (AWS EC2, etc.)
- You have experience integrating with third party APIs, and the ability to understand them in various formats
- Experience developing APIs and web microservices
- If you are involved with open source projects, that's a plus
- Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular, React & React Native
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Excellent understanding of CSS, web browsers, HTTP, cookies, caching, and HTML5 web storage
- Experience creating accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- You are comfortable with Git
- 7+ years of real industry experience
- B.S. degree preferred
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields