This client is modern, in the public cloud (AWS), micro-services based large distributed system and is quality driven. Their stack consists of Scala, Play, Akka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Jenkins, Kafka, Spark, HDFS etc. They believe in continuously evaluating our tech stack, have an easy process of suggesting and adapting new technologies. Our engineers enjoy being empowered and accountable.
On the rewards and incentives team, you will have the opportunity to work with systems at massive scale, on products that have a positive impact on society. We're all about rewarding people for healthy behavior -- from preventive health and wellness to condition specific management, we provide rewards and incentives for actions and behaviors that improve health outcomes and lower healthcare costs for the consumer.
- Provide thought leadership and technical guidance to unify and expand our existing systems during rapid business growth.
- Hire phenomenal engineers who complement the existing team.
- Lead execution of projects and partner with various leaders in Engineering, Product and other teams as needed.
- Focus relentlessly on enabling the success of your team.
- Continue to sharpen your technical skills through code reviews, design discussions and sometimes check in code.
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Track record in partnering with recruiting on hiring to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Independently started self-sustaining teams
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields