Interested in disrupting what is considered one of the largest, and definitely the oldest, industries on the planet? The Finance and Banking Services industry is worth $17.4 trillion-dollars annually and SoFi (Social Finance) http://www.sofi.com is going to undoubtedly change the way people think about and manage their money.
SoFi is a pre-IPO FinTech company focused upon building out all of the core financial products that people use every day and delivering them in an Amazon.com-like customer obsessed way. If you were already part of this team you’d be delivering upon these goals by doing the following:
1) Giving our customers ML/AI driven recommendations which guide them to better outcomes by showing them the value they would reap from making different decisions. 2) Delighting our customers by providing unique experiences that help them understand where their money is, where it's going and what life goals they have. 3) Building out world class infra that we can run cheaply and efficiently at scale and then pass along those savings to our customers in the form of better rates.
Finally, SoFi is rebuilding its engineering teams in San Francisco and building a brand new office in Seattle made up of a bunch of ex-Twitter, Amazon, MSFT and Facebook folks so they're in it to win it. They have raised $2.0 billion-dollars in financial capital from top global investment firms such as Silver Lake Partners, Softbank and Morgan Stanley.
• Employer paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
• Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
• A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
• Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
• 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
• 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
• Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
• Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
SoFi is looking for passionate mobile software engineers to help shape and drive the future of SoFi’s mobile platform. Candidates should possess experience in object-oriented programming and derive joy from delivering their work to customers in short, high-feedback cycles. You will think critically to develop the SoFi apps for iPhone, iPad, or Android.
• Works on multiple major projects of the highest complexity requiring forefront-of-the-field, innovative solutions.
• Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty. Widely recognized as a technical expert within the professional community. Accomplishments contribute to state of the art field in the of expertise both within and outside the lab.
• Work cross functionally with other teams to help make their features fully accessible to all users. This role offers a unique chance to touch virtually every feature in SoFi's Android or iOS application.
• Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users.
• Develop, modify and unit test software applications in local, networked, or Internet-based software programs.
• Must be able to deliver high quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team.