Interested in disrupting what is considered one of the largest, and definitely the oldest, industries on the planet? The Finance and Banking Services industry is worth $17.4 trillion-dollars annually and SoFi (Social Finance) http://www.sofi.com is going to undoubtedly change the way people think about and manage their money.
SoFi is a pre-IPO FinTech company focused upon building out all of the core financial products that people use every day and delivering them in an Amazon.com-like customer obsessed way. If you were already part of this team you’d be delivering upon these goals by doing the following:
1) Giving our customers ML/AI driven recommendations which guide them to better outcomes by showing them the value they would reap from making different decisions. 2) Delighting our customers by providing unique experiences that help them understand where their money is, where it's going and what life goals they have. 3) Building out world class infra that we can run cheaply and efficiently at scale and then pass along those savings to our customers in the form of better rates.
Finally, SoFi is rebuilding its engineering teams in San Francisco and building a brand new office in Seattle made up of a bunch of ex-Twitter, Amazon, MSFT and Facebook folks so they're in it to win it. They have raised $2.0 billion-dollars in financial capital from top global investment firms such as Silver Lake Partners, Softbank and Morgan Stanley.
• Employer paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
• Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
• A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
• Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
• 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
• 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
• Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
• Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused engineer, who can help us to develop features and functionality; mentor others and extend our application architecture to meet new requirements. We move quickly and use a core stack of Java / Play / JQuery / Postgres, but you don’t necessarily need to be an expert in each of these. Rather, we’re looking for engineers that are humble, hungry and smart and have a strong desire to make a difference in our members lives.
• Definition of functional and technical feature epics and user stories, translation into detailed technical solutions.
• Code and test system components/services, lead code and design reviews.
• Deliver and operate highly available and scalable services in a production environment.
• Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team.
• Generate, enhance and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
• Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers on multiple projects.
• iOS or Android experience.
• Redis and ElasticSearch.
• Familiarity w/AWS and at-scale services.
• Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) principles.
• Familiarity with Extreme Programming (XP) project methods.
• 5+ years with Java (or another Object Oriented Programming language) experience.
• Web development experience.
• Solid understanding of relational databases (MySQL or Postgres).
• Ability to work in a fast paced and Agile development environment.
• Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment.
• Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.