Interested in disrupting what is considered one of the largest, and definitely the oldest, industries on the planet? The Finance and Banking Services industry is worth $17.4 trillion-dollars annually and SoFi (Social Finance) http://www.sofi.com is going to undoubtedly change the way people think about and manage their money.
SoFi is a pre-IPO FinTech company focused upon building out all of the core financial products that people use every day and delivering them in an Amazon.com-like customer obsessed way. If you were already part of this team you’d be delivering upon these goals by doing the following:
1) Giving our customers ML/AI driven recommendations which guide them to better outcomes by showing them the value they would reap from making different decisions. 2) Delighting our customers by providing unique experiences that help them understand where their money is, where it's going and what life goals they have. 3) Building out world class infra that we can run cheaply and efficiently at scale and then pass along those savings to our customers in the form of better rates.
Finally, SoFi is rebuilding its engineering teams in San Francisco and building a brand new office in Seattle made up of a bunch of ex-Twitter, Amazon, MSFT and Facebook folks so they're in it to win it. They have raised $2.0 billion-dollars in financial capital from top global investment firms such as Silver Lake Partners, Softbank and Morgan Stanley.
• Employer paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
• Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
• A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
• Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
• 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
• 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
• Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
• Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
We are seeking a Performance Architect. You will be key to establishing and implementing best practices and setting R&D processes, performance and automation, as well as identifying areas for improvement and adding your input to process improvements and the creation of new practices. This position is responsible for working closely with various Business teams to develop, implement, execute, analyze, and communicate the results of performance tests for software application areas.
• Acts as the technical subject matter expert and technical leader with all things related to performance.
• Establish and maintain a strong collaboration with the platform architecture group.
• Develop a partnership with senior technical contributors to influence and help implement performance related best practices.
Evaluate and ensure the technical effectiveness of the platform in areas of scalability, load, and performance.
• Participate in design and code reviews.
• Collect and report on key performance metrics.
• Troubleshoot performance issues in a complex large-scale, multi-tier cloud based infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain scripts and tools to load simulated test data to test environments.
• Determine future performance needs and architectural changes based on the continued growth of the company.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
• Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
• Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
• Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
• 7+ years development experience delivering successful highly scalable web based applications.
• Strong mastery of modern web technologies and Java frameworks (ReactJS, Spring Boot).
• 5+ years experience architecting, building, and maintaining production applications at scale.
• 5+ years experience with multiple types of data stores (SQL, Non SQL, Kafka, Redis, ActiveMQ).
• Experience with Docker.
• Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
• In depth experience working with AWS and/or other cloud based platforms.
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience.