Interested in disrupting what is considered one of the largest, and definitely the oldest, industries on the planet? The Finance and Banking Services industry is worth $17.4 trillion-dollars annually and we are, without a doubt, changing the way people think about and manage their money.
We are a pre-IPO FinTech ($4.4 billion evaluation!) company focused upon building out all of the core financial products that people use every day and delivering them in an Amazon.com-like customer obsessed way. If you were already part of this team you’d be delivering upon these goals by doing the following:
1) Giving our customers ML/AI driven recommendations which guide them to better outcomes by showing them the value they would reap from making different decisions. 2) Delighting our customers by providing unique experiences that help them understand where their money is, where it's going and what life goals they have. 3) Building out world class infra that we can run cheaply and efficiently at scale and then pass along those savings to our customers in the form of better rates.
Our teams are made up of a bunch of ex-Twitter, Amazon, MSFT and Facebook folks so they're in it to win it.
They have raised $2 billion in financial capital from top global investment firms such as Silver Lake Partners, Softbank and Morgan Stanley.
• Employer paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
• Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
• A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
• Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
• 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid for employees and their dependents.
• 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
• Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
• Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
As a Principal Product Owner, Core Platform - Member Journey you will own defining, executing, and delivering a technology roadmap that expands our product offerings and delivers new experiences to our customers. You will help drive technology innovation in the form of products, features, and platforms. You will help create and drive the long-term strategy, vision, and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the member experience.
This role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with engineering, design, data science, business development, operations, finance, and executive teams to set strategy, define and prioritize features. You will need to provide leadership to matrixed teams by driving internal stakeholders, partners and enterprise customers to ensure the success of the product.
We innovate on behalf of our members focused reinventing banking services in a way that makes them simple , fast and intuitive. Our goal is to be at the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products and soon to be launched product that is a modern take on a checking or savings account. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools. We have achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent.
• Be able to devise and drive disruptive innovative solutions in an enterprise (B2B) market while maintaining great customer experience
• Build a vision, strategy and own a multi-year product roadmap
• Break vision into phases, prioritize and drive backlogs for launch with your dedicated engineering teams
• Own BI, instrumentation and data and analysis for your products to drive deep understanding, innovation and product plans
• Be able to influence and lead teams in a fast paced agile environment
• Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate customer needs into a product
• Be able to work closely with engineering to own and dive deep into backlogs , definition of done and technical details
• Lead extensive framework of experimentation in order to drive customer and business impact
• 10+ years of experience - emphasis on B2C product launches
• Demonstrated experience shipping commercially successful consumer products to global market segments
• Strong GTM experience
• Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
• Proven ability to understand the business and engineering requirements and get into the technical details
• Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in an atmosphere of ambiguity
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines
• Proven track record of successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• MBA with a Bachelors or higher in Comp Sci, Electrical Engineering, or a similar and related field